Tru64 C2 not permiting login

Post by WB3KUM/ » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We have two systems running as redundant backups, one live and the other
a hot backup.  The systems are running BMC Patrol as both an Agent and
as the Console for monitoring.  Our agent is set for port 3200.  When we
first installed C2 security on the backup system, we have had no
problems.  When we installed in on the Primary, we have been unable to
bring up a Console by anyone except root.  Also, neither Console now can
connect to the Agent with a user/password error.  We are sure it is a
minor configuration difference but we have not been unable to determine
what.

Has anyone into this or a similar problem?

Many thanks in advance

Dennis    Unix System Admin

Post by sp.. » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> We have two systems running as redundant backups, one live and the other
> a hot backup.  The systems are running BMC Patrol as both an Agent and
> as the Console for monitoring.  Our agent is set for port 3200.  When we
> first installed C2 security on the backup system, we have had no
> problems.  When we installed in on the Primary, we have been unable to
> bring up a Console by anyone except root.  Also, neither Console now can
> connect to the Agent with a user/password error.  We are sure it is a
> minor configuration difference but we have not been unable to determine
> what.

> Has anyone into this or a similar problem?

> Many thanks in advance

> Dennis    Unix System Admin

Hello Dennis,

Have you run /usr/sbin/pwck and grpck on the passwd and group files?
They will show you any inconsistencies.  There's a man page for pwck.
More details and help from the man page if you are running v5.0 vs any
flavor of v4.0x Tru64 Unix.  For C2 configuration, use authck per the
man page.  Ohter than that, you could open a call with the CSC.

Bob

1. Solaris 9, NIS, C2 security - no logins

Just FYI - the problem that under Solaris 9 NIS clients users
can't login to a NIS server running C2 security (using the
passwd.adjunct map) has been fixed in Solaris 9 12/02.

There is still no patch available for download, though. It's
supposed to be patch 113476. Output from the Solaris fingerprint
database for /usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1, which is the culprit,
is ambiguous:

  8075634cf2abce07786b06779ad3535e - (/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1) - 1 match(es)
    canonical-path: /usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1
    package: SUNWcsl
    version: 11.9.0,REV=2002.04.06.15.27
    architecture: sparc
    source: Solaris 9/SPARC
    patch: [112960-03,113274-01,113475-02,113476-04,113480-02]

mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

       University of Vienna, Austria | http://www.par.univie.ac.at/

2. LCD screen on Ultra 10

3. permit login only via "su"?

4. GL or DL Graphic Viewers???

5. Apache security - permit to use on the same login

6. How to change Xfree86 port ?

7. New user question: Permitting login as root from non-console?

8. Can't use linear fb ????

9. rpm error: Operation not permitted

10. rm -d: operation not permitted

11. PPP Problem : operation not permitted

12. Why "newgrp: setgid: Operation not permitted"?

13. Help: can't ping network: operation not permitted