How to diasable FINGER command

Post by Steven Zikopoul » Sat, 26 Feb 1994 01:46:05

Concerned newbie here...

I've been asked to find out how one can disable the FINGER command.
That is, if I (more specifically, women concerned about their safety
on campus) don't want my name and location to show up when someone
FINGERS me how do I shut it down?

please email me if it's not a problem

thanks

Steve Zikopoulos

1. FINGER: How can I know who is fingering or fingered me?

Hi, netters,

Does anybody know if I can aware somebody is fingering me or once fingered
me? If yes, can you tell me how? I once saw such kind of discussions here. I
think it is enough to know which machine is fingering me.

Many thanks.

--Yang Wang
------------------------------
Dept. of Systems Design Engg.
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ont. Canada N2L 3G1

2. Modem setup, internal vs external

3. How to diasable "linux single' option in LILO

4. Device driver question

5. Q: diasable cron logs

6. Changing the defaultrouter without a reboot

7. Diasable passive ftp in Konqueror

8. Tablet - evdev

9. /etc/passwd comment field contents for the finger command

10. HOW GO CATCH THE FINGER COMMAND

11. Finger Command.

12. How to have finger runs series of commands in .project?

13. Problem with finger command