Tools to fix security holes

Post by Peter Sundstro » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Are there any tools (commercial or non-commercial) out there that can be
>used to find and then automatically ATTEMPT to fix security holes
>(system/network configuration security problems, old & buggy version of
>programs, etc.) or semi-automatically help me to fix security holes on
>my Linux/Unix machines instead of just scanning the machines and finding
>the security holes?

>I heard Dan was working on something for Solaris.  How about Linux or
>other non-Solaris Unix?

Titan is a very useful tool.  http://www.fish.com/titan/

It is free, very extensible and modular.  At present, all the modules are
for Solaris, but the next version is supposed to support a whole bunch of
other flavours.

Tools to fix security holes

Post by Jose Nazari » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Are there any tools (commercial or non-commercial) out there that can be
> used to find and then automatically ATTEMPT to fix security holes
> (system/network configuration security problems, old & buggy version of
> programs, etc.) or semi-automatically help me to fix security holes on
> my Linux/Unix machines instead of just scanning the machines and finding
> the security holes?

here's one for SuSE Linux. easily tweaked for any Linux:

 http://www.suse.de/~marc/harden_suse-1.7.pl

hope this helps,