problem compiling ESniff.c

Post by Sahoo Anirud » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
        I am getting following error when I am trying to compile ESniff.c on a
Solaris 2.5 system.

ESniff.c:17: net/nit_if.h: No such file or directory
ESniff.c:18: net/nit_buf.h: No such file or directory

  And there is, in deed, no such files under /usr/include/net. Is there a
better version of the sniffer program available which can be compiled
on Solaris system?

problem compiling ESniff.c

Post by Shado » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>  And there is, in deed, no such files under /usr/include/net. Is there a
>better version of the sniffer program available which can be compiled
>on Solaris system?

there is a solaris sniffer out there, just look into hacker-sites on
the www I'm sure you'll find one easy.
--
Thamer Al-Herbish

But not today, the Fed said; your modern hacker was about as romantic as
a hit man from some ice possee or an enforcer with a dancer combine.
        William Gibson - 'Virtual Light'

problem compiling ESniff.c

:
:ESniff.c:17: net/nit_if.h: No such file or directory
:ESniff.c:18: net/nit_buf.h: No such file or directory
:
:  And there is, in deed, no such files under /usr/include/net. Is there a
:better version of the sniffer program available which can be compiled
:on Solaris system?

Esniff works with /dev/nit. Only available on 4.1.X

Try getting solsniff.c or (gosh) use the one that comes with
Solaris called snoop.

Sr. Network Security Consultant
Sun Microsystems Inc.
               The views expressed are those of the author and may
                  not reflect the views of Sun Microsystems Inc.

problem compiling ESniff.c

Post by Greg Hul » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,
>         I am getting following error when I am trying to compile ESniff.c on a
> Solaris 2.5 system.

> ESniff.c:17: net/nit_if.h: No such file or directory
> ESniff.c:18: net/nit_buf.h: No such file or directory

>   And there is, in deed, no such files under /usr/include/net. Is there a
> better version of the sniffer program available which can be compiled
> on Solaris system?

use snoop.

bash$ which snoop
/usr/sbin/snoop

snoop(1M)             Maintenance Commands              snoop(1M)

NAME
     snoop - capture and inspect network packets

DESCRIPTION
     snoop captures packets from the network and  displays  their
     contents.   snoop  uses  both  the network packet filter and
     streams buffer modules to provide efficient capture of pack-
     ets  from the network.  Captured packets can be displayed as
     they are received, or saved to a file for later inspection.

-----
The above expressed opinions are my own and are most likely note those
of Lotus Development Corp and its other employees.

Greg Hull
Lotus Corp -- Notes Programability