Possibly a dumb question..

Post by Kondwani Spike Mkandawir » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 02:06:40

I know next to nothing about NetWorking and Computer
Security so please bear with me:  is it possible to
download and reconfigure IIS to run under a UNIX
clone if so would it have the same vulnerabilities it has
when it runs under an MS Win platform?

Once again apologies for my ignorance...

Spike...

Possibly a dumb question..

Post by Bernd Eckenfel » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:47:44

Quote:> Security so please bear with me:  is it possible to
> download and reconfigure IIS to run under a UNIX
> clone

no. most likely it is even too thightly integrated into the win32 api that
you cant run it on a windows emulator.

Quote:> if so would it have the same vulnerabilities it has
> when it runs under an MS Win platform?

yes.

Greetings
Bernd

1. possibly dumb question: booting a system with << all main memory

Maybe I knew this once, but for the life of me, I can't seem to
recall the answer or even whether it's possible.  Is it possible
to boot an Enterprise system so that it thinks there's less than
the total complement of main memory?  E.g., I have an E3500 system
with 4GB of memory, and I'd like it to boot so that Solaris thinks
there's only 512M or 1GB of main memory, without opening up the
system and physically removing the memory cards.

--
Steve Dyer

2. man page setup

3. A possibly dumb question about kernels

4. Boot from Zip ?

5. Possibly dumb question

6. Using Win partition for Apache under Linux

7. (possibly) a dumb question about groups and unix

8. CompuAdd 425TX and Linux

9. Possibly dumb Apache 1.3.4 question

10. (Possibly dumb) Q: Move disks from OpenBSD-2.3/sparc to NetBSD-1.5/sparc ?

11. dumb da dumb dumb newbie prob.

12. dumb dumb question

13. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!