Turning off IP-forwarding on HP-UX 9.05

Post by T.J. Nijwei » Sat, 13 May 1995 04:00:00

We have an HP 735-125 that's supposed to provide an application-
level firewall for a bunch of PC's. It has 2 ethernet-cards,
but I can't find the place where I can tell it not to route
packets from one card to the other. When it can't be disabled
easily, we'll have to buy a linux box to do the real firewalling.

Second. HP is supposed to sell firewall software for it's machines,
does anyone know the functionality and pricing of this. I really
only need to turn of IP-forwarding, but maybe the extra
could be used to allow some extra things.

Thanks,
        Tobias

Post by Dale Hubl » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

>We have an HP 735-125 that's supposed to provide an application-
>level firewall for a bunch of PC's. It has 2 ethernet-cards,
>but I can't find the place where I can tell it not to route
>packets from one card to the other. When it can't be disabled
>easily, we'll have to buy a linux box to do the real firewalling.

>Second. HP is supposed to sell firewall software for it's machines,
>does anyone know the functionality and pricing of this. I really
>only need to turn of IP-forwarding, but maybe the extra
>could be used to allow some extra things.

>Thanks,
>    Tobias

A kernel mod is needed.   Here is one way to disable IP forwarding

Use the following commands as root

   adb -w /hp-ux /dev/kmem
   ipforwarding/W 0
   ipforwarding?W 0
   CTRL-D

Repeat that everytime  you install a new kernel..

I don't really know that much about hpux, this was something I
saved from their group.  I know even less about their firewall
product.

Dale

--

Sterling Software, Inc. at NASA Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, OH
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Problem with sed on hp-ux 9.05

Hello,

I'm currently trying to compile gcc 2.7.2 on an HP-UX 9.05 system. I
could
read in many newsgroups that this operation could be done only with gnu
sed
(and the binutils package).
The trouble is that when I compile sed 2.05 (or use a precompiled sed
for
HP-UX 10.10....) the next configure file I execute with this "new" sed
tells
me that :

./configure: 14421 Bus error - core dumped
./configure: 14423 Bus error - core dumped
Configuring for a  host.
./configure: 14426 Bus error - core dumped
./configure: 14428 Bus error - core dumped
./configure: sun4: not found
*** cannot find config.sub.

Can you help ??

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

2. xwin freeware archives?

3. CERN httpd 3.0 on HP-UX 9.05: Restricting access to group of machines

4. Rh 5.2 and SB AWE 32 PnP freezing

5. How to get session ID on HP-UX 9.05

6. named MAXQUERIES problems????

7. reading past End Of Tape with HP-UX 9.05

8. How do you record MIDI ???

9. tcsh Wanted for HP-UX 9.05

10. System call tracer for HP-UX 9.05?

11. Writing a simple FTP client under HP-UX 9.05

12. NCSA 1.5.1 SIGSEGV on HP/UX 9.05

13. xargs limit in hp-ux 09.05