The Scoop on Mitnick?

Post by Michael Bresnah » Wed, 05 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I keep hearing references to Kevin Mitnick on and off the net, but I
have as yet to find any detailed information on him or any the
happenings that have made his name popular.  Could someone point me to
a newspaper article, magazine article, on-line doc, or whatever on the
subject or just fill me in with a post or email?

Any help would be most warm heartedly accepted.

MikeB

The Scoop on Mitnick?

Post by Gary Barn » Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:00:00

:
:I waaana be like Mit! ;)

What? In a federal prison?

Gaz

--

( - - ) "Some people think I'm going crazy,
 \ " /   Some people think I'm mad mad mad"

The Scoop on Mitnick?

Post by Michael Bresnah » Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:00:00

[lotsa goodies deleted]

Wow... I don't know whether to hate him or love him.  He's got so
many of the makings of an outlaw hero, yet at the same time he erodes
at the fabric that makes the internet the open place it is.

Where did you get all this stuff?  The article slaming Markoff is
particularily interesting.

So when will we see some of the source code stolen from Shimomura's
computer get posted to the net?  I'm assuming Mitnick shared it with
some of his buddies.

Does anyone know of any other bugs exploited by Mitnick except for IP
spoofing in the attack on Shimomura's machine?

Thanks much!  It was great reading!

I waaana be like Mit! ;)

MikeB
(trying to make up his mind whether he wants to study security or OS's)

The Scoop on Mitnick?

Post by Michael Bresnah » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>:
>:I waaana be like Mit! ;)

>What? In a federal prison?

Heh... no I think I will skip that part. ;>

MikeB

1. Kevin Mitnick Caught!

try
http://sjmercury.com (San Jose Mercury News)
Under Todays News;National:Internet Fugitive Caught

Wow!
Tsutomu I own you at least a sushi lunch!

Full Time: Sr. Network Security Analyst  |Part time: Cyberspace PI
           ENS Network Security Group    |           and Consultant
           Sun Microsystems Inc.         |
               The views expressed are those of the author and may
                  not reflect the views of Sun Microsystems Inc.

2. Proxy server forwarding example needed

3. Mitnick, Markoff and Steven Speilberg

4. POP3 E-Mail without ftp/telnet access?

5. Markoff Aids Mitnick Investigation

6. Compiling RH 5.1 2.0.34

7. Mitnick articles, stories?

8. tape drives