Visual Network Monitoring Tools??

Post by Beno » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:43:26

Quote:

>Are there any visual tools that will generate network maps for network admins?
>Most of the tools are commercial and are specific to some platform (OpenView
>from HP and NetView from IBM). I am looking for something that could be used on
>Linux or OpenBSD.

Hello,

May be you can have a look on nessus ? (http://www.nessus.org/)
which is a security network scanner. I use it very often and I appreciate:
   - the security holes database
   - the fact that it can scan large ip range
   - the fact that its report can be saved has html, latex, etc.

you can appreciate nessus via an online demo :

http://www.nessus.org/demo/index.html

  -- Ben

1. Visual Network Monitoring Tools??

Are there any visual tools that will generate network maps for network admins?
Most of the tools are commercial and are specific to some platform (OpenView
from HP and NetView from IBM). I am looking for something that could be used on
Linux or OpenBSD.

Any information or pointers appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao

2. Starting Apache

3. EMC with Tru64

4. GIMP: ** WARNING **: XShmAttach failed! message

5. extern in i2o_pci.c

6. UnixScan, a visual hosts monitoring tool