Unix Security Audit

Post by Sham » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:17:55

Hello everyone,

I would like to perform a security audit on our SCO Unix system.
Are there any documentation or resources available on the net to help me
doing that?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Sham

Unix Security Audit

Post by Bard » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:58:28

> Hello everyone,

> I would like to perform a security audit on our SCO Unix system.
> Are there any documentation or resources available on the net to help me
> doing that?

> Thanks in advance,
> Cheers
> Sham

http://www.google.com

Unix Security Audit

Post by Paul Da » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:06:12

> I would like to perform a security audit on our SCO Unix system.
> Are there any documentation or resources available on the net to help me
> doing that?

Google, SecurityFocus?

Either way, consider replacing it. Keeping a SCO box around on your
network is like leaving a Solaris 2.5.1 box online. :)

PD

--
Paul Day      Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire      GPG Key ID: 2EF4ED23

Unix Security Audit

Post by Mike » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:36:03

Hi Sham

Look for "The UNIX Auditor's Practical Handbook" in www.nii.co.in
Also read (it's Linux, but contains common sense) the "Linux Administrator
Security Guide" in www.seifried.org
Finally, consider using some vulnerability scanner like Nessus
(www.nessus.org) to make your life easier.
Cheers,

--
Nekromancer

"El nivel de conocimientos adquiridos es
inversamente proporcional a la temperatura del cafe"

1. Unix Security Audit Tools

We are looking for software tools designed to review the security of Unix or
Dec computers by using a stand alone PC. Key files from the Unix or Dec would
be obtained and loaded onto the PC and then used in conjunction with the
audit software. We have been made aware of two such packages, PC Unix Audit and
PC Dec Audit, marketed by a firm called Trillion Software. Have you heard of
this software? Has anyone else heard of it and does anyone know of other
similar packages that may be available on the market?

Many thanks,

2. new usb2 card problem

3. I'm looking for a unix security audit guide

4. Using stdio with fdopen() on sockets.

5. unix security audit

6. BIND and libl.a

7. Unix Security Audit Guidelines (HELP)

8. Problem with tftpd in Redhat 7.0

9. Need unix security audit process

10. Unix Security Audit Guidelines (HELP)

11. Auditing an "audit on" and/or "audit off"