HP-UX with HP OpenView's Network Node Manager & Vantage Point Operations - Security...

HP-UX with HP OpenView's Network Node Manager & Vantage Point Operations - Security...

Post by M. Perro » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 06:03:20

Hi all-

I am looking for security considerations when implementing HP OpenView
NNM and VPO on HP-UX.  I understand the threat of SNMP in general but
are there any specific concerns with these applications in particular?
 Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
M. Perrone

Post by pe.. » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:10:50

> Hi all-
> I am looking for security considerations when implementing HP OpenView
> NNM and VPO on HP-UX.  I understand the threat of SNMP in general but
> are there any specific concerns with these applications in particular?
>  Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Don't use SNMP outside your security perimeter.

And within the security perimeter, make shure your SNMP-stations
arn't trusted by others.

Quote:> Regards,

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)

1. HP OpenView ( Network Node Manager)

Hi,

We're using HP 10:20
and HP Openview B5.01 Network Node Manager.

I am looking at a network with 1 Cisco 3640 router
on the same lan as my Management station. And 1 cisco 1600
router connected via serial WAN connection to the cisco
3640 router

I have a problem that when I  switch a cisco 1600
router off (physically) NNM marks the fact that the
serial port on the cisco 1600 router has gone down, but still insists
that the ethernet port is still up (but it is certainly unreachable!)

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Alun Evans
Alun Evans

2. Writing to display on RIO Drawer

3. Escalation and HP Openview Network Node Manager

4. how to seek on ifstream

5. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

6. FVWM - "Warp" Key Binding

7. CPQ's Marcello Says HP-UX New HP's Core Unix

8. IPX problem

9. Atlanta - UNIX Sys Admin, Oracle/Informix DBA, HP-UX Openview

10. linux pc as x-station for openview on hp-ux

11. SSRT3451 Potential Security Vulnerability in HP-UX network drivers (Data Leakage) (rev. 01)

12. SSRT3451 Potential Security Vulnerability in HP-UX network drivers (Data Leakage)

13. Security Tools & HP OpenView