cracked -- i don't need this, an update

Post by mla.. » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I need to thank a LOT of people for getting back to me
so quick with a LOT more advice than I expected. Unfortunatly
I lost control of the system and/so who sent me what. I remember
Collins and Martin with some good pointers and a THANK YOU
is a great understatement in the extrem, but I got a lot from
other people too for which I am also *thank-full*!

I know the logs that I captured did not look like much ( I
did'nt have a clue what I was doing). None the less the reek
from the hassels made it all the way back up to credit card
info at my isp and I'm trying to get that set right.

This morning I was able to mount ro from a floppy and got
off a lot of source files and some personal/family stuff so
I think I came out allright.

Time being, I'm installing anew debian. And it'll be locked
down if I have anything to with it ;-)

Thanks to everyone,

Post by Roger Boo » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: Time being, I'm installing anew debian. And it'll be locked
: down if I have anything to with it ;-)

Sounds like you may be on your way to becoming a paranoid sysadmin.
:)

Roger

Make me a fool once, shame on you, make me a fool twice, shame on me.
The reply-to: address in the headers is a valid address, if you want
to send me e-mail just hit reply and it should work fine.  If your
newsreader is broken and can't deal with that then send your e-mail