DNS Server

Post by Gex GU » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

DNS Server

Post by Scott Norwo » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I don't know what this has to do with UNIX security, but anyway:

   $ whois aol.com
   [rs.internic.net]

   Registrant:
   America Online (AOL-DOM)
      12100 Sunrise Valley Drive
      Reston, VA 20191

      Domain Name: AOL.COM

[snip]

      Domain servers in listed order:

      DNS-01.NS.AOL.COM         152.163.200.52
      DNS-02.NS.AOL.COM         152.163.200.116

[more snip]

--

Cool Home Page:  http://www.redballoon.net/
Lame Quote:  Penguins?  In Snack Canyon?

1. if DNS server was Windows based what DNS server software is avail?

WSM> And what is "Unices" ;)

JdeBP> I assume that the emoticon indicates disingenuousness on your part.
JdeBP> After all, a 10 second search of the World Wide Web with one's favourite
JdeBP> search engine will turn up a definition of [the] word, and anyone as
JdeBP> proficient with English as yourself and who deals with computers will
JdeBP> have undoubtedly long since encountered the plurals of words such as
JdeBP> "index" and "matrix".

KDGS> Maybe your understanding of the English language is the problem, [...]
KDGS> The plural for Unix is still Unix.

Take the 10 seconds and perform the search.  You'll find plenty of
people telling you what the accepted plural is, and that that isn't
it.  Or read the "comp.unix.questions" FAQ document.

2. New to X; Have 5 quick questions

3. NT dns server request to my LINUX dns server time out

4. Boots from floppy but not HD

5. using DNS server(named) and external dns server.

6. Linux bootable CD

7. Dynamic DNS not working with Solaris DHCP/DNS server and win clients

8. JOE 1.0.3

9. DNS Problem. WIN98 does not find DNS Server...

10. Dynamic DNS not working with Solaris DHCP/DNS server and win clients

11. Linux DNS server and Win 2000 DNS client.

12. Linux DNS Client Against Windows 2000 DNS Server

13. Linux DNS server and w2k as DNS client