sendmail security issues on port 25 ?

Post by MIS » Sun, 15 Jun 1997 04:00:00

What type of security exposure does sendmail 8.8.5 have when someone does
a telnet to port 25 on the mail host ???

Thanks

1. What security risk I still have if I blocked all ports exect 80, 22, 25

Hi all ,

    I am planning to have my linux server set up with iptables to block all
the ports except some common port like 80, 25, 22. What security risk will I
still have to be aware of ? (I will fine tune the apache web server for
security purpose).

    And will iptables be a target of attack? or any tricks or bugs that can
go around that ?

    FYI, I will use the linux server to as a gateway of my lan to the
internet. And my concern is attack from outside rather than from the lan
itself.

    Thanks.

Perseus

2. Barracuda 9LP and Symbios controller

3. Sendmail service port 25 can't be connected

4. Creating a large array

5. Sendmail & port 25 help !!!

6. the setuid command. (running qtisdnlinux as root?)

7. sendmail not accepting connections on port 25?

8. xlc backtrace

9. Sendmail on a listening on a Port other than 25

10. Sendmail: accepting connect on port 25

11. Sendmail on a port other than 25.

12. sendmail port 25

13. Sendmail not responding on port 25