sendmail 8.6.8 and sendmail.cw

Post by Jim Pola » Fri, 01 Apr 1994 05:02:25

As a result of the latest security related postings regarding sendmail,
I've got the sendmail 8.6.8 binary and configuration files (from our local
security group) but I can't find anyone to tell me how to set up
/etc/sendmail.cw for my site. Following the example file, if my machine
were public.x.org, /etc/sendmail.cw would look like:

public.x.org ftp.x.org

My machine, however, has no internet alias. What should be in my
/etc/sendmail.cw?

If you're reading this from comp.mail.sendmail, please respond via e-mail
since this is not one of my regular groups.

1. RedHat 7.0 sendmail and sendmail.cw

Hi there,

I have a small LAN with a RedHat 7.0 box, myserver, acting as both mail
and DNS server. My personal domain name is mydomain.com. I can mail to

(mail.mydomain.com. config error: mail loop back to me (MX pr)

Yes, I've made sure in sendmail.cw, FEATURE(use_cw_file) dnl is there
and uncommented. Also, here is my sendmail.cw

mydomain.com
myserver
loghost
mail

When I do "echo '$=w' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt -d0.4", I got:

Version 8.11.0
 Compiled with: LDAPMAP MAP_REGEX LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
                NAMED_BIND NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB NIS QUEUE SASL SCANF
SMTP
                USERDB
canonical name: myserver.mydomain.com
        a.k.a.: myserver
 UUCP nodename: myserver
        a.k.a.: loghost
        a.k.a.: mail
        a.k.a.: [192.168.0.10]

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = myserver
  (canonical domain name) $j = myserver.mydomain.com
         (subdomain name) $m = mydomain.com
              (node name) $k = myserver

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

Am I doing something wrong with the sendmail.cw? Or do I need to turn
some other features in sendmail.mc? Thanks for any help or hints any of
you can provide.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. determing modem connection speeds?

3. Sendmail - missing .cw file ??

4. Screensaver for AIX 4.2.1 CDE environment

5. Where is sendmail.cw in RH&???

6. Drivers for the #9 128 Imagine

7. sendmail CW question

8. Question about snapshots for JFS backup on Solaris

9. Sendmail.cw

10. sendmail.cw

11. 4.1, sendmail.cw, and the handbook

12. /etc/sendmail.cw question