shadow passwd thanks & followup

Post by Randy Packe » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Thanks for everybody's help re: merging the shadow file with
the original passwd file. For your interest, of our eight
clients, I have so-far run crack on four, using un-modified
dict & rules. 30% success. yikes. the letters should go out
next week :)
FYI 95% of the successful guesses where on the first pass, and
the passwd's where the user's first name's....

I thought hackers had to be smart because it would be difficult
to hack......<yeesh>

anyway, the next four will be tonight, and then I'll start
refining the dicts and rules. God, I just love this!
ciao!
rp