Building a certificate revocation list with SSleay 0.8.1

Building a certificate revocation list with SSleay 0.8.1

Post by Jose » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
I just finished building a secure web site using the Apache 1.2.6 + SSL
and SSleay 0.8.1 software package.  I believe my system is running fine
but what I would like to do is build a certificate revocation list on
this system.  I looked the documetation for SSLeay  and I cannot seem to
get a clear understanding as to how to build a CRL.  Has anyone out
there successful created and maintain one?  I think I have to tweak the
index.txt file and set each certificate that I want to revoke to the 'R'
setting.

Example:

V   990605160631Z       01   unknown   /C=US/ST=California/L=San
Diego/O=MYCOMP/O..............
^
Change this value to 'R'

Thanks in advance

Jose Torres

1. Default CRL(Certificate Revocation List ) support in IBM HTTP Server

Hi,

Does any one know whats the default setting for Certificate Revocation
List checking in IBM Http Server. I mean, by default does ibm http
server checks whether the client certificate has been revoked or not
or we have to enable CRL check explicitly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sanjay.

2. 14.4 modem won't go higher than 9.6. Why?

3. Certificate revocation ...how ?

4. Can I connect a Linux box into a Windows 98 peer to peer network

5. Apache w/ CRL (certificate revocation)

6. Realrates.com Needs Your Data

7. Creating a new server CA certificate using SSLeay

8. Making Bootdisk?

9. SSLeay and certificates

10. ssleay and netscape server certificates

11. How to get cipher list for SSLeay?

12. Problems building Apache with SSLeay+RSAref

13. Building SSLeay