Heya, I think you'll find this post funny :)

Post by Alain Hoa » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Newsgroups: comp.security.unix
Subject: Re: HACKERS WANTED FOR CORPORATE CONSULTING
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 95 13:35:37 EDT

>I'm looking for computer security consultants with demonstrated
>experience to crack our HP security system.  Please e-mail brief

Oh how boring. If you want the best guys, why don't you just
ask them to break into your system and drop their resume in your
home directory? A trained ape can send e-mail.

/laura

1. What'll they think of next?

I'm doing some surgery on one of the desktops anyway, so while
I'm at it I decide that I may as well put Mandrake 8.2 on it.
Normally, I do clean reinstalls since I've been burned by
upgrades in the past, but this time the sucker just works.
Amazing.

Oh, and 8.2 is quite nice.  Just for grins, I conned MVS into
doing her own install on a new workstation.  Aside from telling
her to add a couple of remote-administration packages, it was
a hands-off exercise (well, at least as far as the computer was
concerned.)  No problemo.

--
| May I have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, |
|  the strength to change the things I cannot accept, and the   |

2. bind UDP socket to interface does not work

3. Tell me what ya'll think pls!

4. Non-buffered CGI results output in Apache?

5. I think I'll try SUSE, all I need now is $600!

6. Strange Slowdown

7. i just found this funny and thought you would too.

8. 10 to 100Mbit/S Network Upgrade- Hub performance.

9. This was posted to the 'alt.humor.best-of-usenet' and well I think it needs to be posted here... :)

10. Find me an open source PPC Search Engine and I'll pay you!

11. Is there a Linux sniffer that'll help with finding MAC addreses?

12. Find me an open source PPC Search Engine and I'll pay you!

13. KDE and QT: OK, I'll bite, whats it take to 'cleanroom' software?