Telnetd question

Post by ED » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using AIX 4.2.1 and I would like to limit my users to telnet once only
 There's
no parameters in AIX itself to stop users logging more than once. Anyone
has implemented successly this kind of setup on their site ? Is there any
telnetd remplacement product available on the market?

Thanks!!!

Telnetd question

Post by sol gongol » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm using AIX 4.2.1 and I would like to limit my users to telnet once only
>  There's
> no parameters in AIX itself to stop users logging more than once. Anyone
> has implemented successly this kind of setup on their site ? Is there any
> telnetd remplacement product available on the market?

> Thanks!!!

You can set your init shell script to check if the current login
user already has a session going. If you do it in the users .login
or .cshrc, the user can change it but their is a system wide init
script somewhere into the etc directory.

sol

1. telnetd Question

Hey All,

I'm fairly new to linux but I can do basic system and network admin. Well, I
set up a linux box at school in a computer class I have and I gave most
everyone shell accounts. This year our school has "tried" to become more
secure by using a proxy and DHCP with private addresses (10.0.0.0). When
users try to telnet to the box (the box's IP is dynamic, private also) they
get the error: telnetd:getnameinfo or something like that. I assume this is
b/c their IP's cant be resolved. When I add their hostnames and IP's to
/etc/hosts they can connect. The box is running Suse 7.1, can I get some
ideas as to what to do? I dont want to change /etc/hosts every time they get
a new ip.

Thanks

2. made a change to the kernel and drm died

3. in.telnetd question

4. state machine??!!

5. telnetd question

6. XDM,cty.c and TIOCSCTTY

7. Newbie Inetd.conf & telnetd question

8. XFree 4.0 dual monitor on AGP G4

9. Telnetd / In.Telnetd

10. difference between telnetd and in.telnetd?

11. Help about telnetd (security question)

12. QUESTION: bypassing telnetd?

13. Silly Solaris in.telnetd banner question