Bill Gates sucks

Post by Brent Burt » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

[ What does this thread have to do with linux networking, amiga
  advocacy, PC action games and PC chips?  Irrelevant groups removed.
  Even the remaining groups are questionable.]

| [...]
| One thing I do like about M$ Explorer though that is not in my version of
| Netscape: the ability to save Web background graphics with a right-click.
| There's some pages that have wonderful graphics that can only be obtained
| this way.  Maybe it will be in a future version of Netscape (or already
| is?).

If that's the "only" way to do this, you deserve M$ Explorer!

[Think about viewing the document source, getting the image filename,
 and sucking over the image as a separate request.]

-bpb

Brent Burton

To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.

1. Bill Gates sucks

DECnet has been around roughly as long as the proto-Internet, and
at one time was the protocol for the largest fully connected general-
purpose network in existence up till then. As far as I know, that
network still uses DECnet (which, however, has migrated to OSI
protocols) and still contains of the order of 10,000 nodes. IMO,
DECnet was passed by for general use because of its proprietary nature
(where have you heard that before?).

Last time I checked, Netware (or more properly IPX/SPX) was the
protocol used by more nodes than any other, including TCP/IP.

SNA is nowhere. :-) That is, if by "nowhere" you mean happily in use
by thousands of aging legacy systems.

It is in fact amazing that TCP/IP still works; it's a tribute to its
developers. All of the protocols mentioned above except SNA (of
course :-), plus dozens of others, owe a considerable intellectual
debt to TCP/IP.

Lee Webber (former DECnet developer)

2. TIS Toolkit's rlogin-gw

3. Video Card

4. USR V90 external fax-modem: Bps problem under Linux

5. Konqueror (3.0.4 and 3.1) and flash plugin problem