Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

Post by Tomasz Kulakowsk » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

Let's take a look at this scenario:

I have two mail accounts, one on academic Unix server A and second
at my office - Unix server B. And there is also Win95/NT PC on my desk.
Practicaly I use Internet only from my PC. There is proxy gateway for
http and ftp outbound connections. No pops, telnets and other services
outside the office. You know - security.
And, let's assume, all inbound mail is CCopied to my boss.

And where is the problem?
I want to have all my private mail (sent to my academic account)
on my desk - Internet Mail, Pegasus or sth like that.

Forwarding mail from one account to the other does not provide security.
My office Unix server is "untrusted", so all forwarded mail should
arrive encoded. And decoding should be done by my pop3 client, just on
my desk.

So, some procmail action should be taken at Server A to encode (by pgp?)
and forward mail. And some automatical decoding at my desk.

Any help?
Any URL, sample conf and tips?

Regards
tko

1. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

Hi,

I am using a Win. 95 PC connecting to Redhat Linux 4.2 with Firewall option
enabled and I have setup user account in the Redhat's mail server.
I have tried to receive Internet mail from my desktop but return with error
message.
Then I check the Redhat's system log and find an error:

syslog:error: cannot execute /usr/sbin/ipop3d: No such file or directory

It is ture that we don't have such file or directory in the mail server.
I would like to know is there any way/setting/software that allow me to
receive Internet mail via the mail server running on Redhat 4.2.

Thanks !

2. rebuilding a vinum mirror

3. Linux as Mail Gateway & POP Mail Server

4. Need help with sunos 4.1.3 crash

5. HELP: Mail/Pop Server Can't Received Mail

6. Get Boolean from ping

7. Cannot connect to mail server via pop/imap

8. 2.5.41, cciss, add rescan disk ioctl (6 of 5 :-)

9. Email via dedicated POP/mail server?

10. which mail client with multi pop servers?

11. POP to POP mail servers

12. "Server" via mail: /usr/spool/mail/me a named pipe

13. What client mail protocol leaves mail on server