how a soft can invoqued a makefile

Post by Tony Curti » Mon, 03 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>> On Mon, 3 Jul 2000 03:29:23 +0200,

>  the question is, what I must doing for don't tape
> "make" in the command line but to invoqued the programme
> to do it.

I'm sorry, I've read this at least 5 times and it still
makes [pun] no sense.  I *do* appreciate that English is
not your native language (having lived in a country where
the native language is German), could you try explaining
again?  (Maybe both in English and French?)

"With $10,000, we'd be millionaires!"
                                           Homer Simpson

Post by Barry Margoli » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> the question is, what I must doing for don't tape "make" in the command
>line but to invoqued the programme to do it.

Any script or program you run can invoke any command, and it will be just
like if you had invoked the command by typing it yourself.

For instance, many programs come with an INSTALL script that you run, and
this will often create a makefile and then execute the "make" command for
you.

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

Post by Emmanuel Micho » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> > the question is, what I must doing for don't tape "make" in the command
> >line but to invoqued the programme to do it.

> Any script or program you run can invoke any command, and it will be just
> like if you had invoked the command by typing it yourself.

this hasn't anything to do with security, but,
be careful that the current target will fail whenever the command
returns anything else than zero which is not always a failure (rmmod)
It may be useful to wrap it in a sh -c...

--
Emmanuel Michon
Ingnieur en dveloppement logiciel

how a soft can invoqued a makefile

Post by Write tom » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

test

>  the question is, what I must doing for don't tape "make" in the command
> line but to invoqued the programme to do it.

how a soft can invoqued a makefile

Post by Sivi » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

He is asking: "How to execute the command 'make' in a program?"

Bye,

"Dhou!"
Homer Simpson

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>He is asking: "How to execute the command 'make' in a program?"

If the program is written in C or Perl:

        system("make");

If it's a shell script, it would just contain the "make" command.

But since he posted it to a security newsgroup, I think others of us have
tried to interpret his question in a security-related context.  I thought
he was wondering if it's possible for a program he downloads to execute a
make command on its own.

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

1. soft links and makefile dependencies

Make seems to behave erratically when checking the dependencies
of soft-linked files.  Make seems to stat the link rather than
the referenced file.  Has anyone else had similar difficulties
and if so, what was your solution.

Thanks much,
dennis

Dennis Friedman

voice: (206) 348-2600 ext 6422     ({fluke,pilchuck,thebes}!intermec!dennis)
snail: Intermec Corporation     PO Box 360602     Lynnwood, Wash. 98046-9702

2. kernel sites

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. ftpd question

5. Solaris x86 hostname with DHCP

6. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

8. CGI: apache canned response

9. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

10. Canned "ping"

11. Any Canned Class code?

12. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?