Distributed Passwd File Tools

Post by Mark Moo » Thu, 07 Jul 1994 06:46:56

    Greetings, All.

    I'm looking for tools that manage passwords in a distributed
    environment consisting of over 100 nodes. Yellow Plague is
    not an option due to the diverse nature of the subnets. Any
    pointers would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

--

                                        Mark
                                        --0-

    NOAA/ERL/FSL/FD                     Systems Administrator
    R/E/FS2
    325 Broadway
    Boulder, CO 80303
                  USA

1. Using rdist to distribute passwd files.

  Hello.  I am wondering what the best way to distribute passwd files across a
network of linux boxes is.  I'd like to avoid NIS/yp, because of the security
risks and other problems associated with it.  Doing it over nfs is also not
an option, the speed on our systems just isn't adequate.

I have heard its possible to distribute them via rdist/rdistd, and after looking
at the package, i cannot see how this is done.  Presently, i would just like to
get two machines up, with the same passwd files on each.  I want it so if a user
changes their passwd on machine1, in a couple minutes or whatever the change is
reflected in machine2, and the other way around..

thanks,

2. voce quer ganhar dinheiro...

3. Distributed passwd file maintenance

4. XDMCP Access

5. Best tool to distribute files (rdist, rsync, cfengine)

6. jdk installation question

7. Jungle Monkey 0.1.10 - Distribute file sharing tool

8. NOT device driver question

9. BSDi passwd file to Linux Passwd file

10. Distributed Passwd Summary (Long)

11. CVS passwd file not updated with passwd

12. master.passwd and passwd files transferred

13. patch to support non-/etc/passwd passwd files