UNIX crypt(), where to get source code ?

UNIX crypt(), where to get source code ?

Post by Halfli » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Hello,

: I need to write crypt() function on MS-DOS PC machine. This function must
: produce the same output as UNIX crypt(3c) (the one-way function used
: in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files).

Get ufc or fcrypt(). fcrypt() usually comes with crack, ufc is also commonly
available, i THINK ufc will compile under msdos, but i'm not 100% sure.

Post by Rob J. Nau » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Hello,

: I need to write crypt() function on MS-DOS PC machine. This function must
: produce the same output as UNIX crypt(3c) (the one-way function used
: in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files).

Quote:>Get ufc or fcrypt(). fcrypt() usually comes with crack, ufc is also commonly
>available, i THINK ufc will compile under msdos, but i'm not 100% sure.

That's only compile in 32-bits mode, making it useless as a library
function for a MSDOS application. However there was a Pascal version
posted some time ago, also Tanenbaum once released a free version a
long time ago. Both are probably slow but sicne you're not building a
passwd cracker, speed should not matter.

Rob
--
~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~

REDWOOD Business Group B.V.        Phone:       +31-3404-31310
Princenhof Park 13                 Telefax:     +31-3404-30477
3972 NG DRIEBERGEN
The Netherlands

Post by Boris Kabisch » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I need to write crypt() function on MS-DOS PC machine. This function must
produce the same output as UNIX crypt(3c) (the one-way function used
in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files).

1. Does crypt() function produces the same output on various platforms
   (Solaris, HPUX, BSD SunOS etc) ?

2. If the output isn't always same, where can I obtain Solaris 2.x
   version of the crypt() source code ?
   Where can I get crypt() source code for other platforms ?

3. If the output is the same, where can I get source code of this only
   crypt() function.

Thanks,

Post by Halfli » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: : Hello,

: : I need to write crypt() function on MS-DOS PC machine. This function must
: : produce the same output as UNIX crypt(3c) (the one-way function used
: : in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files).

: >Get ufc or fcrypt(). fcrypt() usually comes with crack, ufc is also commonly
: >available, i THINK ufc will compile under msdos, but i'm not 100% sure.

: That's only compile in 32-bits mode, making it useless as a library
: function for a MSDOS application. However there was a Pascal version
: posted some time ago, also Tanenbaum once released a free version a
: long time ago. Both are probably slow but sicne you're not building a
: passwd cracker, speed should not matter.

also, i believe that the dos port of gcc (or djgpp atleast) includes the
crypt() function, again - 32 bit specific, but thats another choice...

the source to the internet worm (or rather, the commonly available high
quality reverse engineer copies of it) includes a rather portable, although
not blazingly fast, implementation of crypt().

Post by Dan Nels » Mon, 05 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>>> Hello,
>>> I need to write crypt() function on MS-DOS PC machine. This function
>>> must produce the same output as UNIX crypt(3c) (the one-way function
>>> used in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files).

>>Get ufc or fcrypt(). fcrypt() usually comes with crack, ufc is also commonly
>>available, i THINK ufc will compile under msdos, but i'm not 100% sure.

>That's only compile in 32-bits mode, making it useless as a library
>function for a MSDOS application.

Not true.  It compiles just fine.  Long ints are 32 bits. ints and shorts
are 16 bits.  You just have to make sure to replace 'int' with 'long' where
necessary.

1. Source Code for Crypt function under SCO unix

Does anyone know where I can get some source code, preferably in C/C++, on
the unix Crypt() function?

Just to jolt a few memories I have seen this feature used in vi. Typing man
crypt gives you some info on it.

Thanks in advance.

Ratnesh Gautam

2. A Spider!

3. cgi scripts not getting executed, only the source code gets displayed

4. Help a UNIX Girl :)

5. crypt() source code

6. Are ulimits on memory usage useless? (preventing malloc() bombs)

7. crypt source code

8. wtmp entries from xdm servers...

9. Crypt source code

10. crypt source code

11. Source code for crypt(3C)

12. crypt(3) source code

13. need a source code for crypt routines