Crack is slow?

Post by Ken Weine » Sun, 23 Oct 1994 03:25:29

Crack does a really fine job, but it ran the better part of a week
checking 445 passwords. Is this unusual? Built using gcc on a
SPARCstation2 running SunOS 4.1.3C and the ufc-crypt package.

--

And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode

1. SCO 5.0.2 NSF is slow - VERY slow What am I doing wrong??

I have two machines with OpenServer 5.0.2 connected by TCP/IP.  rcp works,
rlogin works, telnet works, and ftp works.  But when I tried to experiemnt with
nsf I found out that it is slow - very slow.

This is my PCs' specs.

pasta (pasta.takadom.org) 134.1.1.2
Pent-75
1.6GB/32MB
SMC 8432BT
/etc/exports
/u

sushi (sushi.takadom.org) 134.1.1.1
586-133
2.5GB/16MB
Intel EtherExpress 16
/etc/exports
/v

On sushi, I login as root and type "mount pasta:/u /usr/takakami/tempmount"

Response:
WARNING: NFS server pasta not responding, still trying
WARNING: NFS server pasta ok

#

This takes 5 minutes.  (from my command to getting a prompt back)

mount
/on /dev/root read/write on ******
/stand on ****************
/u on *********************
/v on ********************
/usr/takakami/tempmount on pasta:/u read/write on ******************

This is immediate.

Then I do
cd/usr/takakami/tempmount

I go get my coffee, pick up my laundries.....  10 minutes later I get
#

Then I do l

Response
WARNING: NFS server pasta not responding, still trying
WARNING: NFS server pasta ok
WARNING: NFS server pasta not responding, still trying
WARNING: NFS server pasta ok

10 minutes later, I hit {del} to abort
#

After setting up tcp/ip to be able to do rcp, rlogin, telnet, ftp, the only
file I changed (added) was /etc/exports file.

I verified mountd, nfsd, pcnfsd, and biod was running.  Accroding to several
past posts, nfs get defined default when one install OpenServer 5.0.2.

What am I doing wrong here?

The situation is similar the other way around (trying to nfs mount /v on sushi
from pasta)

Thanks!

2. Automounter for Linux?

3. Have I been cracked or am I just clueless?

4. problem connecting Win 2000 server to ESS

5. I was cracked, and am somewhat confused...

6. Announce: caclMgr V2.4 --- A better SetUID mechanism

7. I am seeking documeted proof of ircii dcc chat cracks

8. KDE Error messages ... What do they mean ??

9. Am I cracking by someone?

10. Crack is too slow!

11. Another IIS Crack? (Take a Crack)

12. c50a stop cracking after few days: T:1001249644:Crack: Done.

13. Netbios crack from cracked firewall?