Tripwire 1.3.1 and CD-Rs

Post by Matt Lesk » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 04:50:55

I was hoping someone out there could help me with an issue I've been
having trying to get Tripwire 1.3.1 (a free version) to work correctly.
The system is Solaris 8 on a Sparc machine, and after creating the
database files (/usr/local/sbin/tripwire --init), I ftp them to an
Windows NT 4.0 machine. There, I use Adaptec CD-Creator to copy them to
a CD-R, which I insert into the Solaris machine. The files on the CD are
what I want tripwire to read from nightly, and I have compilied it to do
so. However, at some point, the files become corrupted, and tripwire
will not recognize the ones on the CD. The ones created with the --init
option work fine (if I use the -d  and -c options). I've checked the
burning software, and the data format of the CD is ISO9660. Anyone have
any suggestions for getting this set-up to work (or if won't work)?

--

Matt Lesko

1. Sun CD-Rom doesn't like CD-Rs?

Hello everyone,

I have a Toshiba XM-6201B CD-Rom (which IDs as a Sun drive) in a 611
external case attached to my Ultra 2. It's pretty much new but I've had
a few problems with it. At first I couldn't boot from the CD-Rom to load
the OS, but I discovered that the TERM jumper was missing from the back
of the CD-Rom. I replaced the jumper and now it boots the machine fine,
but I wanted to use it more generally and sometimes it seems to take
forever to mount/read CDs. Mostly I use CD-Rs, and I was just wondering
if maybe this drive doesn't like them? Has anyone else had similar problems?

Chris Tidy

2. linux and DSL

3. Problems reading CD-Rs with SCSI CD-ROM drive

4. PPP connection under PPCLinux R5 fails

5. Tripwire / Cannot --Update (### Filename: /var/lib/tripwire/report/etcetcetc.twr)

6. Troubled with a socket connection problem... please help

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. bash init files

9. can you burn 870MB CD-Rs?

10. Writing CD-Rs on FreeBSD 3

11. About those 800MB CD-Rs

12. Can't mount "small" CD-Rs on Solaris 2.8

13. To run the server entirly from CD-Rs?