Sendmail config to block remailing?

Post by William R. Mussat » Mon, 25 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know what needs to be changed in a sendmail.cf file to
block the automatic forwarding of mail through a system from  outside
a class c zone?

Thanks.  If someone would point me in the right direction I would read
the .... manual.

Bill Mussatto

Sendmail config to block remailing?

Post by Michael Fu » Mon, 25 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know what needs to be changed in a sendmail.cf file to
> block the automatic forwarding of mail through a system from  outside
> a class c zone?

Look at the check_* rulesets available in recent versions of sendmail:

    http://www.sendmail.org/antispam.html
    http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/check.html

Hope this helps.
--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.dimensional.com/~mfuhr/

1. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?

I just got the RPMs for sendmail 8.9.2, and figured updating was a good
thing to do, as the updates incorporate better security.  (I haven't gotten
the bugs out of using my Linux box with my ISP yet, but I'm going to take a
whack again once I get my new ISP account set up)/

I'm using RH5.2, which had sendmail 8.8.7 and sendmail-cf 8.8.7 as RPMS.

The new version has RPMs for sendmail, sendmail-cf, and sendmail-config.
According to the query in the RPM for sendmail-config, "This is needed,
eventually there will be multiple configs to choose from."

However, the files it contains  (list follows) conflict with those installed
by sendmail.

Do I stick it all in, using the --force option in rpm?  Do I leave out
sendmail-config?  Why is there a sendmail-config anyway?

Thanks in advance.

CONTENTS OF SENDMAIL-CONFIG
/etc/mail/access
/etc/mail/access.db
/etc/mail/aliases
/etc/mail/aliases.db
/etc/mail/domaintable
/etc/mail/domaintable.db
/etc/mail/mailertable
/etc/mail/mailertable.db
/etc/mail/majordomo
/etc/mail/majordomo.db
/etc/mail/relay-domains
/etc/mail/sendmail.ct
/etc/mail/sendmail.cw
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/virtusertable.db
/etc/sendmail.cf

2. QT compile - strange problem

3. Magical Keyboard Extensions V0.1 released (remail)

4. enable X-windows environment

5. auto remail

6. SOUND: Magic Media 256AV Audio

7. Non blocking socket blocks; says 'read would block' ?

8. swap

9. Rules to block XDMCP and Xaccess file config

10. How do I use Proxy Block in Apache config ?

11. problem in drivers/block/Config.in

12. sendmail: blocking ...

13. sendmail through filterrouter, blocking tcp/53