hint on software for an exam..

Post by leonar » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:49:52

hi to all... I'm a student of computer science in italy and I'm facing
an exam on security... I have to make a software and I need some ideas
to propose to my professor, something to code in c/c++ on linux
platform (maybe php? I'll end up learning it someday...) and more
network-security oriented. I'd like to avoid implementing a DES or RSA
etc. becouse I've already done something about that and I'm thinking
of something like a network analizer for certain specific purpuses or
implementing or looking for a certain protocol-bug in a net. I'm
interested in both defense/attack point of view and most of all in
doing something that (without great expectation) could be of practical
utility and not just didactic... It could be something already
existent, just to get more in touch with the topic or something new...
so if you have any idea it could be really useful to me...

thanks a lot,
leonardo.