Cross-device link error?

Post by Wes Felt » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a Sun box, v 4.1.3 and I'm trying to get Mayy Bishop's old passwd+
running on it.  His proactive password program meets all of my present
needs except for the fact that part of the time when I run it, it works
great and part of the time it returns an error message of ...

        passwd: /etc/passwd  Cross-device link

Can anyone shed any light on this problem or better yet a solution?  Does
anyone know Matt Bishop's current e-mail address?  The old one with the
passwd+ docs doesn't seem to work.

-Wes

1. Cross-device link error

I am trying to set up a program called xplore (very nice file
manager). There is an option to save settings which adds some
resource settings to the .Xdefaults file. The problem is, when
I try to save my settings I get the following error message:

Error creating resource file
(Cross-device Link)

The program then deletes my .Xdefaults file.

Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Brad Owen                    The aim of epistemology is the

                             justification of cognitions.
                                                       Rudolf Carnap

2. kde help

3. Updating files using a temp file: Invalid cross-device link error

4. Key mappings

5. What does the passwd+ error "Cross-device link" mean???

6. PPP et Netscape

7. cross-device links

8. How to configure a Nitro 3D video card?

9. Cross-Device Link

10. Cross-Link Device Error ?

11. Cross device link

12. 3com 905 and 595 linked with crossed cable - not working

13. autoconf cross link