URL filtering

Post by Marc Majora » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

We have a netscape proxy server running on HP-UX. We need to filter
inappropiate web sites.

We are using the URL filter capability of the proxy but this method
takes up too much time administering.
Does anybody know of any product for HP-UX which runs on netscape proxy
servers and can be updated weekly/monthly ?

Thank you

Marc Maj*

URL filtering

Post by Mark Boyn » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi everyone,

> We have a netscape proxy server running on HP-UX. We need to filter
> inappropiate web sites.

> We are using the URL filter capability of the proxy but this method
> takes up too much time administering.
> Does anybody know of any product for HP-UX which runs on netscape proxy
> servers and can be updated weekly/monthly ?

Try the Muffin NoThanks filter.  It's available for free at
http://muffin.doit.org/

1. Proxy and URL filtering

Can anyone make a recommendation for a linux or other free unix based
Intel system of a freeware http proxy program that has the capability to
do url filtering. I'd like to setup a proxy server for outbound
connections at a school and am looking for ways to block certain sites.
Program names and locations are welcome.

Thank.

2. Sharing Sage on a linux server for terminals

3. HOW FIREWALL WORKS WITH URL FILTERING SERVER USING UFP PROTOCOL

4. rwho daemon

5. Netcape Proxy Server and URL filtering

6. New admin needs help mount'ing drive

7. ipfw and natd and URL filter

8. Enlightenment Problem

9. URL Filtering Protocol and how it works

10. URL Filtering

11. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

12. KMail regex filters and URL clicking problems/questions

13. filtering of URLs thru Apache!