script to lock remote shell

Post by Chowder Monk » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Do any of you have a perl/shell script that I can use to lock a
remote shell while I'm away from my desk?  I'd also like to be able
to customize it, if possible.

Thanks in advance,
cx

script to lock remote shell

Post by Fronta » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Do any of you have a perl/shell script that I can use to lock a
> remote shell while I'm away from my desk?  I'd also like to be able
> to customize it, if possible.

You could make your own script to block port 23 with ipfwadm or somekind
of program like that..

/sbin/ipfwadm -I -a deny -P tcp -S 0.0.0.0/0 -D 0.0.0.0/0 23 -W eth1

this will block port 23
to change it after that use -d instead of -a..

Hope this is what you mean.
--
Your mouse has moved, you have to restart Windows
for the changes to take effect. [OK]

script to lock remote shell

Post by Salman Mahbu » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Try using the lock command.  For example, using "lock -np" will deny you
(or anybody) access to the shell for an indefinite peroid of time until
you enter your login password.

See the man pages for other options.

--
Salman Mahbub.