Restricting telnet access [Q]

Post by filh » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I want to restrict the access to my telnet only to certain IP addresses.
My machines have Solaris and FreeBSD. Any tips?

Paulo Queiroga.

Restricting telnet access [Q]

Post by fl.. » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Easily done.  Use tcp_wrappers.

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/security/

--

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."

Post by J. A. Sigle » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I want to restrict the access to my telnet only to certain IP addresses.
> My machines have Solaris and FreeBSD. Any tips?

> Paulo Queiroga.

Try tcp_wrappers.  You can get the source code here:

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/security/tcp_wrappers_7.6.tar.gz

I think basic docs are included.

Jon Sigler                    Unix Systems Administrator
FlashNet Communications       http://www.flash.net/
$ echo $SHELL                 BSD,BSD,BSD and even more BSD!
 /usr/local/bin/ksh           Try FreeBSD-3.0  www.freebsd.org

Restricting telnet access [Q]

Post by Yuri V. Mashkovts » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

        Buenos dias.

: I want to restrict the access to my telnet only to certain IP addresses.
: My machines have Solaris and FreeBSD. Any tips?

        Try man login.access (FreeBSD).

Post by Modest M. Sokolo » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I want to restrict the access to my telnet only to certain IP addresses.
> My machines have Solaris and FreeBSD. Any tips?

> Paulo Queiroga.

  You can use tcpd ( see tcp_wrappers )

Modest Sokolov

Restricting telnet access [Q]

Post by Big|Fee » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

edit /etc/inetd.conf
=) hope that helps

> > I want to restrict the access to my telnet only to certain IP addresses.
> > My machines have Solaris and FreeBSD. Any tips?

> > Paulo Queiroga.

>   You can use tcpd ( see tcp_wrappers )

> Modest Sokolov

1. restricting telnet shell access

Apparently a user needs a valid shell in order to FTP into my system,
however I'd like to keep (most) users from telnetting in and logging
into that same valid shell, while allowing other admins to login to a
shell.

Is it possible to allow FTP and disallow telnet to shell?  How?  Is
there a restricted shell that doesn't do anything, or a filter for
telnetd ?

-Patrick Price
 Momentum Online

2. Question about symbolic links

3. Restricted FTP/telnet access?

4. COMPUTER UTILIZATION ?

5. How to restrict telnet and FTP access in SunOS and Solaris

6. Compilation error while rebuilding 1.2.13 elf

7. Restricting incoming access for FTP and Telnet

8. Access to local resources with term-aware software?

9. Restrict Telnet access

10. Restricting Telnet Access

11. help: restrict telnet access to specific users on the Internet

12. How to restrict the network access (e.g telnet)

13. Restricting telnet access in Redhat 6.1