FAQ Requested: Help I am Being Scanned on Non-Standard Ports

FAQ Requested: Help I am Being Scanned on Non-Standard Ports

Post by Felix Tille » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

*I* am not being scanned by Netbus or Back Orifice.  But I would be
interested in having someone who understands these things put out a FAQ on
the subject(s).

I have not seen any FAQ(s) on this.

Reply to the newsgroups, not to me.

Felix Tilley

Post by RobertGraham.co » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> *I* am not being scanned by Netbus or Back Orifice.  But I would be
> interested in having someone who understands these things put out a FAQ on
> the subject(s).

> I have not seen any FAQ(s) on this.

> Reply to the newsgroups, not to me.

The "firewall-seen" FAQ has some text on this. If you have more questions
not answered there, post them to the newsgroups.

http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#trojan-probe

--

Robert Graham

Post by DoSHel » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> *I* am not being scanned by Netbus or Back Orifice.  But I would be
> interested in having someone who understands these things put out a FAQ on
> the subject(s).

> I have not seen any FAQ(s) on this.

> Reply to the newsgroups, not to me.

> Felix Tilley

Stop by our site I'm sure we can help you with your questions.

--
                            Denial of Service Prevention
                                  AND

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. HELP on ghostview

3. MTU ?

5. Installing a 3c90x nic with Linux

6. Help: non-standard serial port IRQ.