Network Security Scanner released (perl 4 script)

Network Security Scanner released (perl 4 script)

Post by Doug O'Ne » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Now that some of the noise about SATAN has died down I am releasing version
1.0 of my network security scanner.  It does not have the nice (?) interface
that SATAN has but it is a much lighter-weight process.  The program is a
Perl 4 script coupled with ypx for YP password map guessing.  It was
developed on a DECstation 5000 running Ultrix 4.4 (24MB RAM) and has also
been tested under SunOS 4.1.3 and IRIX 5.2.  It can be retrieved from
ftp://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu:/pub/nss/nss.tar.Z.  Comments, problem reports,
enhancements :) are all welcome but this is a lunch-time project for me
so don't expect immediate responses.

(Now to follow this up with a application to SGI for Dan Farmer's job...)

--
Douglas O'Neal, Senior Systems Programmer, Johns Hopkins University

"Unix is user-friendly, its just picky about who it's friends with."