TCP Sequence Number Prediction

Post by Bernadette Onei » Thu, 06 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I heard somewhere that someone is selling a working copy of the TCP sequence
number predictor that mitnik used against tsitumo's machine, does anyone
know where I can get this, perferably with source?
Thx...
-Bern

Post by Timothy Kord » Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> I heard somewhere that someone is selling a working copy of the TCP sequence
> number predictor that mitnik used against tsitumo's machine, does anyone
> know where I can get this, perferably with source?
> Thx...

A company called En Garde Systems is selling a TCP sequence number
predictor, for something like $250, but it is for "offical" use only,
and you have to sign some sort of license agreement to get it.

I have no idea if they're selling source or if it is binary only (I kinda
suspect that it *is* source, but I'm not certain).

En Garde Systems has a WWW page up:
http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~dmm2/egs/egs.html

that page lists their phone number as: (314) 367-6402

Hope this helps...

-Tim
--
Timothy J. Kordas
http://bambi.eeap.cwru.edu/tjk/tim.html

1. Sequence Number prediction program

Does anyone have a sequence number program that they are willing to
share?

Is it possible for someone to attack a firewall through exploiting
the fragment packet fields in IP? As I have not seen any papers on this
but suppose a packet is fragmented, the router checks the tcp portion,
and assumes the rest of the packet to be ok.... is there a paper
that describes this if it is at all possible.

BTW check out C4 on Sunday 7pm, they have something on Cybersecrecy,
the clip they showed had some one sniffing a PGP key.

--

2. Apache setuid patch: security?

3. Sequence Number Prediction

4. Internet problems for a Linux Novice...

5. TCP sequence prediction fixes?

6. clicking on windows to make active

7. TCP sequence prediction

8. NIC Cards for Cable Modem

9. UNIX-SECURITY VULNERABILITY: How should "TCP SEQUENCE PREDICTION" be fixed?

10. TCP sequence prediction

11. TCP sequence verifier: Invalid ACK number - with nfs mount from AIX to Solaris

12. Duplicate TCP sequence numbers

13. TCP sequence number?