Information Warfare Book

Post by Bob Bale » Sun, 29 Jan 1995 23:11:23

I recently responded to the question "Where can I obtain
Information Warfare".  My brief answer has lead to dozens of
messages with questions like "What is Information Warfare" or
"Sure, please EMail it to me".  Sorry for the confusion.

Information Warfare is a book written by Winn Schwartau.  It is
available by mail from the NCSA.  Ordering details will be sent
upon EMail request.  Following is a brief description of the
book:
         Information Warfare;  by Winn Schwartau

  At some point in your life, if not already, you , your company,
or your country will become a victim of Information Warfare.
This book tells you how and why.

  Imagine a world where information is the commodity of exchange
and currency is only for pedestrian trade.  A world where power
of knowledge and information usurp the strength of military
might.  Information Warfare explores these images and the
conflicts they can invoke with analysis and solutions for
protecting information systems and for doing business in a world
of electronic and competitive espionage.

--
Bob Bales                   | CompuServe InfoSec Forum: GO NCSA
Natl Computer Security Assoc| Phone:  717-258-1816

Information Warfare Book

Post by Bob Goldschmi » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 23:50:30

Quote:>> Ordering details will be sent upon EMail request. <<

What is the email address??

>Subject: Information Warfare Book
>Date: 28 Jan 1995 14:11:23 GMT
>I recently responded to the question "Where can I obtain
>Information Warfare".  My brief answer has lead to dozens of
>messages with questions like "What is Information Warfare" or
>"Sure, please EMail it to me".  Sorry for the confusion.
>Information Warfare is a book written by Winn Schwartau.  It is
>available by mail from the NCSA.  Ordering details will be sent
>upon EMail request.  Following is a brief description of the
>book:
>         Information Warfare;  by Winn Schwartau
>  At some point in your life, if not already, you , your company,
>or your country will become a victim of Information Warfare.
>This book tells you how and why.
>  Imagine a world where information is the commodity of exchange
>and currency is only for pedestrian trade.  A world where power
>of knowledge and information usurp the strength of military
>might.  Information Warfare explores these images and the
>conflicts they can invoke with analysis and solutions for
>protecting information systems and for doing business in a world
>of electronic and competitive espionage.
>--
>Bob Bales                   | CompuServe InfoSec Forum: GO NCSA
>Natl Computer Security Assoc| Phone:  717-258-1816
>10 South Courthouse Avenue  | Fax:    717-243-8642

Bob Goldschmidt: Sr. Systems Analyst - Designer
National Institutes of Health
Division of Research Grants

1. Information Warfare

Information Warfare is available by mail from the NCSA.  If you
are interested in details, send me an EMail and I will provide.

--
Bob Bales                   | CompuServe InfoSec Forum: GO NCSA
Natl Computer Security Assoc| Phone:  717-258-1816
10 South Courthouse Avenue  | Fax:    717-243-8642

2. No luck at all with networking

3. Year 2000 And Information Warfare News Briefs

4. SLIP over a NULL MODEM

5. Information Warfare & Security / Call for Researchers

6. Fun question about Sun history (curiousity)

7. FS: Book aix, Book x, Book network

8. sshd and ppp on solaris