well the pics

Post by maninthemas » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:05:53

I guess I can't send pics to you all well o well I did try>

well the pics

Post by Darkpan » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:58:25

> I guess I can't send pics to you all well o well I did try>

I received your pic... my newsserver must be misconfigured.
But, it's not good to send pics on non-binaries newsgroups
--

IAFo #126       ICQ# 49365960
"L'uomo e' tanto meno se' stesso quanto piu' parla in persona propria:

1. To "-pic" or not to "-pic"....

I'm using the SC4.0 C++ and C compilers to develop a project with
several individual libraries.  These libraries are built into both
archives and shared libs.  The archives are used in linking some
executables static, while the shared libs are used to link others
shared.

I have been told that I MUST use the -pic (or -Kpic for "C") flag when
compiling for shared libs.  On the other hand, I've been told that I
will pay a noticable performance penalty if I build static executables
from objects that have been compiled with -pic.

It seems to me that this means I must do two different compiles of each
module, one with the -pic for shared lib development, and one without
for static module builds.  Otherwise, my statics will be slower.

Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!!

2. What's the best mouse to use with VPC and Linux on a Mac?

3. Cirrus Logic CLGD5434 (attn: Scott Wells)

4. fips for NTFS

5. need help - compiling C code with the -pic option, shared objects

6. HELP - want to shutdown from XDM !!

7. non-PIC ELF shared libraries (fwd)

8. IP Masquerading error

9. Can I view pics without XWin?

10. Background Pics?

11. How to save background pic on Xwindows Desktop?

12. m68k-pic-coff question

13. nroff/pic macros for drawing a screen ?