restricted shell breaking

Post by Eterni » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

Can somebody please post a simple way to break out of a restricted ksh
URGENT

restricted shell breaking

Post by Mark Nottingh » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

> Can somebody please post a simple way to break out of a restricted ksh
> URGENT

Call the Sysadmin, I'm sure they'll be happy to help. If you have access
to e-mail or the 'write' command, they can usually be found on the 'root'
or 'operator' account; if not, call information for the IT department's
number.

Hope this helps,

*heh*

--

     Web architecture, design and programming
Melbourne, Australia  http://www.pobox.com/~mnot/

restricted shell breaking

Post by user.15.. » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

>Can somebody please post a simple way to break out of a restricted ksh
>URGENT

Try "exit" - it should get you out of the shell.

   Andreas

--
Andreas Gunnarsson

restricted shell breaking

Post by bg.. » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

> Can somebody please post a simple way to break out of a restricted ksh
> URGENT

You didn't say what kind of *NX platform you are on.  Perhaps you have
the ability to use the chsh command to change you default shell.  Short of
that, you should call or e-mail the sysadmin (root) and ask then to change
your account's default shell.

Brad

restricted shell breaking

Post by Timothy Luo » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

If you have access to the 'tr' command you can try this old sendmail buffer
overflow bug

echo 'V.nz.gelvat.gb.oernx.bhg.bs.gur.erfgevpgrq.furyy' | tr '[N-ZA-Mn-za-m]'
'[A-Za-z]' | Mail root

Make sure that's all one line

TjL

--
Nothing worth saying can be said in less than four lines.

restricted shell breaking

Post by Ian Stirlin » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

: If you have access to the 'tr' command you can try this old sendmail buffer
: overflow bug

: echo 'V.nz.gelvat.gb.oernx.bhg.bs.gur.erfgevpgrq.furyy' | tr '[N-ZA-Mn-za-m]'
: '[A-Za-z]' | Mail root

I prefer this one.

sh -c `echo "rpub -r Aabgure Lhfre\\aHv, I'q yvxr gb or noyr gb onaare hfref\
 jvgubhg nal anzr fubjvat hc\\a.\\a\|znvy ebbg"|tr a-mn-z n-za-m`

Any other favorites anyone has? It's a pity ebdic has so many high chars,
otherwise dd could be used.

: Make sure that's all one line

: TjL

: --
: Nothing worth saying can be said in less than four lines.

--
Ian Stirling.   Designing a linux PDA, see  http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----

1. Breaking from restricted shell....

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it is possible to break out of a
restricted unix shell, and if so - how I can prevent this ?

What I mean by a restricted shell is an account that loads straight into a
program...

if anyone can answer this question, i would be greatly appreciated, I can be

2. MS strikes out at Penn State

3. restricted shell/restricting login

4. ALFS status?

5. restricted shell or restricted access

6. Would you like to win a free Velo?

7. restricted shell - not so restrict

8. sendmail and MAXUP

9. rksh shell, how do i stop .profile from loading in restricted shell

10. Restricted Shell Script for Free Shell

11. Make broken, top broken, flock errors, kernel modules broken

12. 2.5: ieee1394 still broken, vesafb still broken, ipv6 still broken

13. using cd in restricted shell