Philosophy of the group.

Post by Colin Big » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Bill Unruh pretty much summed it all up for me. I'm going to stick this
above my desk (right next to "Unix: The solution to the w2k problem" :-)
as a reminder.

"Security is not a state, but a process."
--
  ___  _____________  ____________________________  _________________
 |  / / Colin Bigam \ \    why should I put my    \ \    PGP key    / /|

1. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

Hi

First let me describe what I would like to set up to clarify things:

Scenario:

I would like to set up 3 groups, lets call them A, B, C. Users from A should
have access files created by users in B or C. Users in B or C cannot access
files created by users in A. Also users in B or C should not have access to
each others files.

How would I set up Umask to handle this? I've tried to create a primary
group for all and secondary groups to reflect the permissions I'm after, but
to no avail.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

2. URGENT!!! WHERE CAN I FIND A VIRTUAL FTP SERVER

3. grouping a group to a group?

4. Microsfot Wheelmouse support

5. Keeping groups, groups and groups straight

6. bash and signals

7. GROUPS CONTAINING OTHER GROUPS (/etc/group)

8. problem with Majordomo version 1.94.1

9. /etc/group groups inside of groups?

10. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?

11. Free Systems Phylosophy vs. Free Software Philosophy

12. Philosophy 101: The device driver

13. Philosophy....