cracking password required by an application run under HP-UX

cracking password required by an application run under HP-UX

Post by Charlie CHA » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Could anyone please tell me what are the ways to crack the password which
is required to enter an application run under HP-UX? Any books recommended
for this subject?

Thank you very much

1. Running Crack on HP-UX

Hi,

I've downloaded Crack v5.0, installed it under /opt/crack and tried it
on
our 730 HP-UX workstation, but there is something wrong. I guess I
haven't configured it properly.

A 'Crack -makeonly' and 'Crack -makedict' seems to go through fine.
When I run it using 'Crack -nice 10 /etc/passwd', I get the prompt back
after
a few seconds without error messages. Crack is not running in the
background!

The problem is probably that our system is trusted ('*' in /etc/passwd
file)
so making a './Reporter' says "ignoring locked entry....." for all
entries.

So how do I set it up? The manual does not mention HP-UX machines
running
trusted systems, or did I overlook something obvious?

Regards,

2. I want

3. developing application running on HP-UX

4. script to show time system booted

5. Running HP-UX applications under Linux?

6. [AGILER MOUSE DOES IT WORK ?]

7. HP Laserjet II under HP-UX - accounting info required

8. Help SCO 5.0.4

9. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

10. Crack 5 and HP-UX 10.20

11. Crack on HP-UX 10.10 - Can't make it

12. Crack on HP-UX 10.20 Trusted System

13. hp-ux crack install problems