New Linux site looking for security tips

New Linux site looking for security tips

Post by battery.. » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hey,
        I am part of a new Linux site called Linuxfeed(www.linuxfeed.com).
I am curious about security issues.  We are probably going to update the
page through a script which is held on a secure page which needs
passwords to access.  Although, someone was saying that is less secure
than giving people the FTP password and letting them manually update it.
Is it?
        Other than that, does anyone have any other security suggesitons?
        We are running Red Hat Linux with qmail and apache.  If you may,
don't turn this into a Linux v. BSD war or something ;)
Thanks
Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Linux

Hello Everyone,

We are launching a new free knowledgebase website
http://www.kbaseonline.com.  It will be a place where you can
ask questions and get answers, read articles, tips and tutorials!

We are looking for articles, tips or tutorials on all aspect on Linux.

If you have any articles that you would like to have published
on our site or if you are a first time author and would like the
world to see your technical expertise please visit our site at
http://www.kbaseonline.com.

Also with any article, tip or tutorial that submit or write for
us you will receive full credit and a link to your homepage.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thank for your interest,

KBaseonline.com

2. Sound under KDE

3. Seeking email/network security tips for new site

4. CFV: comp.os.linux.powerpc

5. New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Solaris

6. Booting 3.0

7. I am looking for Linux Security FAQ and Security related sites

8. Confounded Linux has made me lazy

9. Linux Tips & Tricks page updated again, but still need more info ON NEW SITE

10. New Linux User looking for tips.

11. New Look Security-Forums Dot Com - Computer Security - Networking - Firewalls - Exploits and More.

12. Looking for some general tips/pointers for career in IT Security

13. A new Slash-based linux/security/programming site