SSLeay-0.6.6 and RSAREF 2.0

Post by Michael Kier » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

     I'm in the process of putting together an Apache web server
with SSLeay and Kerberos authentication, and I could use a little
advice.

     I grabbed SSLeay-0.6.6, RSAREF 2.0, Apache 1.2b8, and James
Robinson's Kerberos mod for Apache.  After looking over all of the
docs, I figured my build order should go something like this:

        RSAREF
        SSLeay w/RSAREF
        Apache w/SSLeay and Kerberos mod

     For now, I just have two questions, one techical.

     The technical one first.  I'm building on an Alpha running
OSF/1 v3.2 (no letter), using the native compiler.  I built RSAREF 2.0
with and without optimization.  It compiled without complaint either
way (using the stock unix makefile).  After that, I ran Configure in
my SSLeay-0.6.6 directory, then edited the Makefile so that
"CFLAG= -O2 -DRSAref" and that "EX_LIBS= -lrsaref".  I copied rsaref.a
into my SSLeay-0.6.6 directory as librsaref.a.  SSLeay compiled without
complaint, but it hangs when running "make test".  Specifically, it
hangs at the "testing req conversions" d -> d test.  So, is there
something special I have to do to get SSLeay-0.6.6 to operate properly
with RSAREF 2.0?

     The other question is not technical, but might be harder.
Which encryption methods can I safely use and which ones are restricted
to me operating in the U.S.?

     Thanks for any information.

-- Michael Kieras -------------------------------------------------

SSLeay-0.6.6 and RSAREF 2.0

Post by Pauline Middelin » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

>      I'm in the process of putting together an Apache web server
> with SSLeay and Kerberos authentication, and I could use a little
> advice.

>      I grabbed SSLeay-0.6.6, RSAREF 2.0, Apache 1.2b8, and James
> Robinson's Kerberos mod for Apache.  After looking over all of the
> docs, I figured my build order should go something like this:

>         RSAREF
>         SSLeay w/RSAREF
>         Apache w/SSLeay and Kerberos mod

I already have a beta-version of the patch you need (SSL in Apache). I
have it running at
home, but have not the time to test it extensivly. I was pondering of
sending the patch to
Apache (mine is based on 1.2b10)

I found it's usefullniss not so great, you'll have to certificate your
site with your own
certificate, and every user needs to do it too (Netscape makes this much
easier btw!)

  Your truly,
    Pauline Middelink

SSLeay-0.6.6 and RSAREF 2.0

Post by Douglas Rab » Thu, 08 May 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> >      I'm in the process of putting together an Apache web server
> > with SSLeay and Kerberos authentication, and I could use a little
> > advice.

> >      I grabbed SSLeay-0.6.6, RSAREF 2.0, Apache 1.2b8, and James
> > Robinson's Kerberos mod for Apache.  After looking over all of the
> > docs, I figured my build order should go something like this:

> >         RSAREF
> >         SSLeay w/RSAREF
> >         Apache w/SSLeay and Kerberos mod

> I already have a beta-version of the patch you need (SSL in Apache). I
> have it running at
> home, but have not the time to test it extensivly. I was pondering of
> sending the patch to
> Apache (mine is based on 1.2b10)

> I found it's usefullniss not so great, you'll have to certificate your
> site with your own
> certificate, and every user needs to do it too (Netscape makes this much
> easier btw!)

>   Your truly,
>     Pauline Middelink

I'd like to have your patches for SSL and Apache1.2b10.  I am having
probs getting the apache SSL patch to work into Apache 1.2bX...

Thanks.

1. SSLeay-0.6.6 & FreeBSD

has anyone experienced any problems compiling SSLeay-0.6.6
on FreeBSD 2.2.1 ?

gcc -o ssleay -DMONOLITH -I../include -DTERMIOS -D_ANSI_SOURCE -O2 -m486
-Wall ssleay.o verify.o asn1pars.o req.o dgst.o dh.o enc.o gendh.o
errstr.o ca.o  pkcs7.o crl2p7.o  crl.o rsa.o x509.o genrsa.o s_server.o
s_client.o speed.o  s_time.o apps.o s_cb.o s_socket.o version.o sess_id.o
ciphers.o -L. -L.. -L../.. -L../../.. -L.. -lssl -L.. -lcrypto
ede_enc.o: Undefined symbol `_des_decrypt3' referenced from text segment
ede_enc.o: Undefined symbol `_des_decrypt3' referenced from text segment
ecb3_enc.o: Undefined symbol `_des_decrypt3' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

2. Performance Problems during a Database Access

3. Apache 1.1.3 & SSLeay-0.6.6

4. SMB shares with Linspire / WinXP permissions

5. SSLeay and RSARef

6. remotehost

7. Apache 1.2.6 and SSLeay with RSAREF

8. Possible answer to IRC and other natd related problems?

9. Problems building Apache with SSLeay+RSAref

10. SSLeay0.6.6 and Apache_1.1.3-SSL under Linux

11. eps-0.6.6 available (dvi converter for Epson printers)

12. XPCE-4.6.6 (also for C++)