S/KEY compiled? Anybody?

Post by Jon Hartfo » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hello There,

        I'm attempting to compile skey (NRL version) on a DEC ALPHA OSF/1
v2.1  Has anybody done this successfully without some serious hacking of the
C files.  I'm stuck with errors right and left.  Aside from login.c for some
reason not picking up the pathname declarations in pathnames.c (I hardcoded
the pathnames to bypass it), it totally bombs out on glob.c like this:

cc -DPROTOTYPES=1 -DHASSTDLIB -DSKEY -DMD5 -c glob.c
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Warning: glob.c, line 245: Incompatible pointer type
assignment
        while ((dp = readdir(dirp)) != 0L) {
        -----------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: glob.c, line 246: 'd_ino' undefined,
reoccurrences will not be reported
                if (dp->d_ino == 0)
                ------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: glob.c, line 246: member of structure or
union required
                if (dp->d_ino == 0)
                --------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: glob.c, line 248: 'd_name' undefined,
reoccurrences will not be reported
                if (match(dp->d_name, pattern)) {
                ------------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: glob.c, line 248: member of structure or
union required
                if (match(dp->d_name, pattern)) {
                --------------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: glob.c, line 249: member of structure or
union required
                        Gcat(gpath, dp->d_name);
                        ----------------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Warning: glob.c, line 647: illegal combination of
pointer and integer
        register char *ep = malloc((unsigned)(strlen(cp) + strlen(dp) + 1));
        ---------------^
*** Exit 1
Stop.

        Has anybody out there gotten this to compile?  Can you point me in a
direction that would help?  I'd prefer NOT to waste time fixing C code if
somebody has already done so.  Much Appreciated,

I'm totally willing to use another "version" of S/key, if said version is
more compatible with OSF/1

Your help and time are appreciated,

  -Jon Hartford, Network Operations, Ultranet Communications Corp.

S/KEY compiled? Anybody?

Post by Craig Me » Wed, 06 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>    I'm attempting to compile skey (NRL version) on a DEC ALPHA OSF/1
>v2.1  Has anybody done this successfully without some serious hacking of the
>C files.  I'm stuck with errors right and left.  Aside from login.c for some
>reason not picking up the pathname declarations in pathnames.c (I hardcoded
>the pathnames to bypass it), it totally bombs out on glob.c like this:
>    Has anybody out there gotten this to compile?  Can you point me in a
>direction that would help?  I'd prefer NOT to waste time fixing C code if
>somebody has already done so.  Much Appreciated,

>I'm totally willing to use another "version" of S/key, if said version is
>more compatible with OSF/1

        You might try using NRL OPIE 2.03, which is the latest version.
"NRL S/Key" (v1.0) is old and known not to be very portable. OSF/1 is not
a supported platform of OPIE 2.03, but it should be much easier to get it
working. If you do, please send us diffs so we can include support in the
box for the next version.

                                                                        -Craig

1. Anybody have a script to copy SSH keys to all of my other hosts?

About a year or two ago, I wrote a little script that I called
"sshmigrate". Basically, what it did was save me the grunt work of
copying my ssh public-key on one machine to the authorized_keys files
on the other hosts I have accounts on.

This way, once I log into one of my accounts, I can easily just "ssh
fubar.foob.com" and get right in.

However, the version I wrote only does it for version 1 of ssh (and,
hence, only messes with the files in $HOME/.ssh). Now, I've got a
machine that's running SSH2, which keeps the keys and other files in
$HOME/.ssh2... and in another format, no less.

Does anybody out there have a script that does what I'm describing,
but for SSH *and* SSH2?

- Joe

2. icq + sms + linux

3. how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

4. Linux Routing

5. SUMMARY: how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

6. Can not get my resolution to change (XFree 4.0.3)

7. anybody need old IBM 101 key keyboards?

8. anyone tried KDE beta 1?

9. Use of the Window key on a Logitech deluxe Keyboard under XF4 --- anybody ?

10. NNTP over SSL, port 563, anybody know, anybody hear

11. Did anybody compile Glade in Solaris?