Unix security software for Solaris 2.5

Post by Agence Bres » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello everybody,
We're loocking for a hard/soft solution for security on Sun Ultra Sparc,
with Solaris 2.5. The goal is to prevent from copying our software on
another computer. This could be something like FlexLm licence management,
but we're loocking for better (more complete) solution (dongle...).
Thanks in advance.
Michel MALLEJAC

--
Sema-Group Brest.

Unix security software for Solaris 2.5

Post by Marc SCHAEF » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> but we're loocking for better (more complete) solution (dongle...).

Please avoid this *on UNIX. There is already *enough* problems
with dongle in the PC world.

1. best-of-security mailing list (was: Solaris 2.5 Security Hole: local users can get root)

[Followups set to comp.security.unix & misc since the b-o-s mailing list
 is not solaris/sun-specific but covers all UNIX'es and occasionally other
 platforms.]

|No, I won't send out the exploit script - CERT & Sun already have
|copies as does anyone who gets best-of-security mail.

Several people have asked me for more info about this mailing list -

a message body of "subscribe best-of-security".  The list's purpose is
to serve as "the one and only mailing list busy people need to read"
with readers culling the best & most important items from other mailing
lists & security information sources and sending them on to BOS.  (And
it actually operates somewhere near this - there are times when people
have to be reminded that this is *not* a discussion list or a place to
ask questions, but only a place to report information others need to
know.)

There is an archive of the list available at
        http://www.tryc.on.ca/hypermail/security/
but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have been updated recently.

The Open Computing Facility at the University of California at Berkeley

2. SIGWINCH woes

3. Can software compiled for Solaris 2.5 be used in Solaris 2.6?

4. shared mem./malloc() problem while using Informix

5. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

6. 486 Linux setup, 250 meg HD, which distro ???

7. Just a reminder to all UNIX-SOLARIS software users, "THINK SECURITY"

8. POP3 mail server error help.

9. security holes in nis+ for solaris 2.5

10. Solaris 2.5 CDE calendar manager security

11. New security patches for Solaris 2.5/2.5.1

12. Solaris 2.5 Security Hole: local users can get root

13. stock ticker software for Solaris 2.5