I am seeking documeted proof of ircii dcc chat cracks

I am seeking documeted proof of ircii dcc chat cracks

Post by Heinz Dirtb » Thu, 26 Oct 1995 04:00:00



There has been a smally controversy and I need some help.
I need documented proof of incidence where /dcc chat <nick>
messages where captured and redirected back into the channel
or some form of multi party prrof that such problems do exist
Thank you for your time and effort.


 
 
 

I am seeking documeted proof of ircii dcc chat cracks

Post by Perry F Nguy » Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:00:00




>There has been a smally controversy and I need some help.
>I need documented proof of incidence where /dcc chat <nick>
>messages where captured and redirected back into the channel
>or some form of multi party prrof that such problems do exist
>Thank you for your time and effort.

First of all, DCC is a direct connection between the two users, there
is no middleman between them, except the hosts between the two
machines the users are on.

If one used some sort of packet sniffer, one could manage to capture
what goes on through the dcc chat.  Very unlikely.

The other possibility is that one of the two parties redirects
messages received through dcc chat back to a channel or a third or
more parties, not very hard to do at all.

--
--
pub  1024/0D97E00D 1995/01/01 Perry "Huy" Francis Nguyen
        Key fingerprint =  CE 62 F2 01 33 87 9D 89  BC 53 8D 11 F9 A0 DE 8F



 
 
 

I am seeking documeted proof of ircii dcc chat cracks

Post by Thor Lancelot Sim » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00






>>There has been a smally controversy and I need some help.
>>I need documented proof of incidence where /dcc chat <nick>
>>messages where captured and redirected back into the channel
>>or some form of multi party prrof that such problems do exist
>>Thank you for your time and effort.

>First of all, DCC is a direct connection between the two users, there
>is no middleman between them, except the hosts between the two
>machines the users are on.

>If one used some sort of packet sniffer, one could manage to capture
>what goes on through the dcc chat.  Very unlikely.

Oh?  I have many, many megabytes of captured DCC CHAT conversations which
you might be interested to see, then, assuming I'd let you.

If you remember that the 31337 K001 )U)EZ in any given area (and often
from outside one) typically try to use one guy's Linux box (on a stolen,
or occasionally legitimate, PPP connection) as a safe 'home base' to
begin their nethopping from, you will begin to see the utility of the
technique for those who are not amused by anklebiters.

--

Don't let your mouth write no check that your tail can't cash.      --Bo Diddley

 
 
 

I am seeking documeted proof of ircii dcc chat cracks

Post by Perry F Nguy » Sun, 29 Oct 1995 04:00:00




Quote:>>If one used some sort of packet sniffer, one could manage to capture
>>what goes on through the dcc chat.  Very unlikely.
>Oh?  I have many, many megabytes of captured DCC CHAT conversations which
>you might be interested to see, then, assuming I'd let you.

Very unlikely does not mean not possible, or never occurring.  It
means, the odds are high that one's dcc chat session will not be
snooped by someone using one form of packet sniffer or another.

--
--
pub  1024/0D97E00D 1995/01/01 Perry "Huy" Francis Nguyen
        Key fingerprint =  CE 62 F2 01 33 87 9D 89  BC 53 8D 11 F9 A0 DE 8F


 
 
 

1. X-Chat 1.8 prob: DCC chats taking place in channel window....

Not sure what to do here.

I tried reinstalling but this didn't fix it.

See, from a channel window, I do a DCC chat... A (dccchat) window
opens.  On that window I click accept and the line moves to "Active".
But I click back on the channel window to find the chat is taking
place there.

I've used this before and the chat opens it's own window.  

Any help?

2. LP daemon is braindead

3. in.talkd, in.fingerd, and ircii 2.3.17+term dcc

4. Modem problems w/ Slakware 2.0.0

5. dcc chat irc - using iptables - router problem

6. Installing Linux on a PowerBook G3

7. BURN-Proof (Buffer Under-RuN error Proof) CD Writers

8. Unable to mount root fs

9. PPP/CHAT: chat won't chat with modem, why?

10. Crack dot Com's "Golgotha"- Seeking Design Ideas

11. Have I been cracked or am I just clueless?

12. Seeking Greek dictionary for Crack

13. I was cracked, and am somewhat confused...