Security Policies

Post by clark » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:11:29

I'm preparing to write a security policy (from scratch) and I'm trying to
gather as much information as possible. Where should I begin? Are there any
books that focus on the subject?

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks, Martin

Security Policies

Post by Bernd Eckenfel » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:55:17

Quote:> I'm preparing to write a security policy (from scratch) and I'm trying to
> gather as much information as possible. Where should I begin? Are there any
> books that focus on the subject?

currently writing an article about it, those are the best links i could
find:

http://secinf.net/ipolicye.html
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-12/handbook.pdf
http://wwwits2.murdoch.edu.au/security/policy.html
http://www.securityfocus.org/cgi-bin/infocus.pl?id=1193
http://www.freefire.org/beginner.en.php3

(the last link will be the home for my article)

Greetings
Bernd

Security Policies

Post by Merc7 » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:59:41

Hello,

I have been asked to do one as well.  No easy task I assure you. I found
this site to be useful....
http://www.sans.org/infosecFAQ/policy/policy_list.htm

Regards,
Merc71
www.firstnetsecurity.com

> > I'm preparing to write a security policy (from scratch) and I'm trying
> > gather as much information as possible. Where should I begin? Are there
any
> > books that focus on the subject?

> currently writing an article about it, those are the best links i could
> find:

> http://secinf.net/ipolicye.html
> http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-12/handbook.pdf
> http://wwwits2.murdoch.edu.au/security/policy.html
> http://www.securityfocus.org/cgi-bin/infocus.pl?id=1193
> http://www.freefire.org/beginner.en.php3

> (the last link will be the home for my article)

> Greetings
> Bernd

Security Policies

Post by gshowalte » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:38:38

Martin,

The US government has a wealth of material on the subject.  I had a similar
project and used the "orange book" as my starting place.
http://www.jos.org/doc/security/ob_index.html

GS

Security Policies

Post by Bernd Eckenfel » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 06:05:40

Quote:> The US government has a wealth of material on the subject.  I had a similar
> project and used the "orange book" as my starting place.
> http://www.jos.org/doc/security/ob_index.html

Yes, a short history of that can be found on

http://www.freefire.org/beginner.en.php3

With a special section on Security Policy :)

Greetings
Bernd

Security Policies

Post by Dave Jacks » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 04:01:40

Bernd,

Why not take a look at RUsecure? OK... it's a commercially available
set, but they do provide a downloadable copy for evaluation (unlike
other vendors of policies) and they also comply with ISO17799.

The URL is:  http://www.information-security-policies.com

Dave

Security Policies

Post by Marc » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 02:31:44

Hi. I found some interesting docs.

hope may help you: www.oit.nsw.gov.au

Marco

Security Policies

Post by disc0r » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:39:02

"Maximum Security" has some great info on this subject.  lots of
links as well.

-j

> I'm preparing to write a security policy (from scratch) and I'm trying
> to gather as much information as possible. Where should I begin? Are
> there any books that focus on the subject?

> I'd appreciate your help.

> Thanks, Martin

Security Policies

Post by Alk » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 05:58:30

link ?

Thanks

> "Maximum Security" has some great info on this subject.  lots of
> links as well.

> -j

> > I'm preparing to write a security policy (from scratch) and I'm trying
> > to gather as much information as possible. Where should I begin? Are
> > there any books that focus on the subject?

> > I'd appreciate your help.

> > Thanks, Martin

Security Policies

Post by Paul Laudansk » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 05:21:29

Great links everyone... I put a list together in one spot from all the
bookmarks I have:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,1719658~root=security,1~mode=flat

Paul

I think I'll put them on my site soon too: http://laudanski.com ... hmm,
maybe I will.

> >link ?

> Maximum Linux Security
> by John Ray, Anonymous
> Paperback - 896 pages 2 edition
> (June 21, 2001)
> Sams; ISBN: 0672321343 ;
> Dimensions (in inches): 2.03 x 9.06 x 7.32

> or do a quick search on
> http://google.com/
> "Maximum Linux security"

> >Thanks

> [...]

> Please dont top-post...

---

1. error opening security policy file

i get the following error after using disk druid and clicking next...
"error opening security policy
file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy"

it goes to a text screen and give me the error and then reboots the
machine and my hd is back to the way it was before i ran disk druid

thanks for any help...

2. selective sync()

3. Problem with netgroup

4. corporate firewall / computer security policy needed

5. nat and identd

6. X security policy file

7. SCSI controller problems

8. Security policies