FW-1 External Interfaces?

Post by Viru » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

From what I gathered via trial-n-error, all I have to do for setting up
multiple external interfaces is by doing the following steps:

Start->Firewall->Firewall Configuration. Click on 'External I/F Tab'.

Then input El90x1,El90x2,El90x3   then press 'OK'. (for 3 external interface
cards)

Is this correct? (Since there are no real ways in the Admin manual for
setting this way up).

-- Michael

1. Port forward external to external interface

First of I am new to Linux. I have a Linux system
running with IP Masq between an external and
internal interface.

I am trying to help a friend whose provider is
blocking access to some sites for eg. Napster.

I would like to forward a port on my Linux box to
Napster and so she would actually be connecting
to me and therefore not be blocked. She has a
dynamic IP address.

Is this even possible or is it just a pipe dream?
I would also need to portfw data on a paricular
port to her IP address. Is there any way that
once I get a connection from her to a
predetermined port then I can get her IP address
and then run the ipmasqadm script to enable port
forwarding to her address? Any comments would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FreeBSD on iMacs?

3. Port forwarding from an external interface to an external site.

4. Mobile IPv6 in redhat linux

5. can ping firewall external interface but not external network

6. how to keep kde as permanent wm ???

7. HELP connecting external FW disk

8. mail man page?

9. FW and Interfaces

10. FW and interfaces

11. svc_tp_create errors after hardening Solaris for FW-1

12. Processing power needed for VPNs with FW-1

13. Can't boot after FW-1 install!!!