USB (kusbdd?) gone mad

Post by Tom » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Right now kusbdd is sucking down 30% of CPU and writing about a dozen
error messages to /var/log/messages every 3-4 seconds.  Anyone have
suggestions as to what I can do about this?  I did recently add a
USB card, and while I'm not too concerned about USB support under
LinuxPPC right now, I _would_ like to stop the insanity.

This is on a beige G3 with an Entrega USB card added.  I'm running:

% uname -a
Linux holly 2.2.6-15apmac #1 Mon May 31 03:54:09 EDT 1999 ppc unknown

I'm seeking out the 2.2.12 source, hopefully a new rev will be better.

--

  "Now Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got
    everything he wished for." "What?" "He lived happily ever after."

USB (kusbdd?) gone mad

Post by Logan Hal » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

im not sure about that... I have a G3 biege and an entrega usb card and when i
was using 2.2.6 vmlinux4 kernel it worked fine... The kernel recognized
everything fine.  I have upgraded to 2.2.13 though so i can't check things out
now.  2.2.6 had some problems with ppp for me (though that was probably a
problem with the precompiled kernel that i had to use because of my u/w scsi
card) and i don't realy want to go back to check and see if it has problems
with it.

----
Logan

"O God of Earth and Altar,
Bow down and hear our cry,
Our earthly rulers falter,
Our people drift and die,
The walls of gold entomb us,
The swords of scorn divide,
Take not thy thunder from us,
But take away our pride."
   -G.K.Chesterton: English Hymnal

Post by Tom » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Right now kusbdd is sucking down 30% of CPU and writing about a dozen
>error messages to /var/log/messages every 3-4 seconds.  Anyone have
>suggestions as to what I can do about this?  I did recently add a
>USB card, and while I'm not too concerned about USB support under
>LinuxPPC right now, I _would_ like to stop the insanity.

>This is on a beige G3 with an Entrega USB card added.  I'm running:

>% uname -a
>Linux holly 2.2.6-15apmac #1 Mon May 31 03:54:09 EDT 1999 ppc unknown

>I'm seeking out the 2.2.12 source, hopefully a new rev will be better.

OK, I didn't recompile yet, but I found a precompiled 2.1.12 at
ftp.linuxppc.com.  This stops the USB insanity.  Unfortunately it
also fails to recognize my Kensington TurboMouse (which 2.2.6
handled correctly), so I'm not out of the woods yet.

The moral:  Do NOT run 2.2.6 with an Entrega USB card installed.
My /var/log/messages was growing by 12kB/minute.  I don't know
if other add-on USB cards would have the same problem with 2.2.6.

--

  "Now Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got
    everything he wished for." "What?" "He lived happily ever after."

1. Mad 16 - drives me mad

Hi

Installing Mad 16 (opti 82c931) is not a synch. After making new kernel,
using the script as supplied by the Readme, lilo and rebooting (after
previously installing the new kernel in loadlin dir) the OPL3 is
detected. However the card config, audio devices and synth devices as
seen not seen as shown in sndstat. Does anyone have experience with this
card and could they please point me in the right direction.

I am using RH 2.0.27

Thanks

2. $$MOTIF$$

3. ext2 going mad

4. ALM-II under Solaris 2.3, help please

5. postfix cleanup process goes mad on AIX 4.3.3 rml08

6. Cyrix 486DLC/40 Compatibility with Linux

7. Weird graphics, mouse cursor gone mad.

8. Kernel lost

9. Have I gone mad?

10. Printer goes mad

11. Gone MaD with Linux installation problems

12. PS/2 mouse goes mad on heavy load?

13. Have I gone mad?