MOL <not AGAIN!> blows color table

Post by Suzi'nM » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00

As per the subject, the color table blows up every time I start MOL.
That is, the front window is OK and the back ones are blown - mol in
front looks great the rest of the windows gone, Gnome/Enlightenment in
front looks good but MOL blown. Both are set to 800X600, 8-bit. The
systems seem to be working correctly (even if the mouse is a bit wonky)
w/ no boot problems. Fiddling with video depths has zip effect both w/
Xconfigurator and MacOS.

(Seems like I should just type the next paragraph into my sig file...)

Beige G3 w/ 160mb ram & stock 4gb Hd, 300 overclock from 266, RAGE Orion
128 video, OS9 & DSL; Linux PPC 2k Lite, latest MOL w/ latest ROM
upgrade (from MOL site), running from .5gb internal scsi, no bells or
whistles, installed w/ X-installer, shells & widowing per factory,
launches thru BootX BootLinuxPPC w/ LInuxStandard kernel 2.2.15pre3/
novideodriver=false/ MoreKernelArguments= adb_buttons=122,120/, and
"Options" set to SetG3Cache=True/ ForceSCSIOn = False/
ForceVideoSettings=T/ UseSpecifiedRAMDisk=False.

Also, the damned clock is still 5 hours behind. >sigh<

TIA,

Scott

Post by Martin Costabe » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> As per the subject, the color table blows up every time I start MOL.
> That is, the front window is OK and the back ones are blown - mol in
> front looks great the rest of the windows gone, Gnome/Enlightenment in
> front looks good but MOL blown. Both are set to 800X600, 8-bit.

Welcome to the wonderful world of 8-bit color in X. This has nothing to
do with MOL. If you run Netscape and Gimp at the same time, you have the
same effect.

Quote:>    The
> systems seem to be working correctly (even if the mouse is a bit wonky)
> w/ no boot problems. Fiddling with video depths has zip effect both w/
> Xconfigurator and MacOS.

I don't believe this. With your video card, you should be able to use 24
bit color. Your problems will go away.

Quote:> (Seems like I should just type the next paragraph into my sig file...)

> Beige G3 w/ 160mb ram & stock 4gb Hd, 300 overclock from 266, RAGE Orion
> 128 video

How much VRAM? Well, even with my tiny 1MB of VRAM, I get 800x600 at 16
bit color.

--
Martin

Post by Tom Stille » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Also, the damned clock is still 5 hours behind. >sigh<

Maybe a UDT/EST mixup?

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint =  5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3  7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF