LinuxPPC 2000 & PowerBook 2000

Post by Marc Roger » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to get LinuxPPC installed on a PowerBook 2000. I have followed
al the posted methods. When I use yaboot 0.5 and attempt to run my install
configuration I get the following message:

DEFAULT CATCH, code=300 at %SRR0: 011ee498 %SRR1: 00003030

I then get the option to type mac-boot or shut-down.

Only shut-down works.

1. LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 on a 2000 Firewire Powerbook

[rest of yaboot.conf snipped]

That's because I've been choosing the configuration from the options
yaboot throws up.

OKay, I'll try this. But it looks like an automated way to get to the same
point as I am getting manually (which fails to get beyond the "booting..."
message.

Today, I have made a little more progress. By booting off the CD, and then
choosing the kernel to be vmlinux-2.2.18-4fpmac rather than the install kernel,
an changing the root from autodetect (which doesn't work) to /dev/hda10, I
can get it to boot 'normally'.

Curiously the options thrown up in the boot-from-CD yaboot menu are different
from those shown in the boot-from-hard-disk menu. The former include options
for toast, reboot, shutdown, CD, OF, etc. I have no idea where these options
come from: doing strings * | grep -i toast in all the likely places on the CD
draws a blank. If only I could figure out how the CD is booting, then I'd be in
with a shout of discovering how o get it to present the same options, which I
could configure, for booting from the hard disk.

Richard

--

Richard Jones

2. Problem installing X 4.02 and XKB

3. LinuxPPC 2000 on a PowerBook 2000

4. AGP compataibility ?

5. Linux 2000 on PowerBook 2000?

6. rpm build only get one source

7. powerbook (bronze) and linuxppc 2000 install problem

8. script to convert filename spaces and tabs to underscores

9. LinuxPPC 2000 and G3 Powerbook modem

10. LinuxPPC 2000 on powerbook (firewire)

11. LinuxPPC 2000 installation on PowerBook G3 "Firewire"

12. Configureing yaboot for a PowerBook G3 Bronze in LinuxPPC-2000

13. Ethernet on a Powerbook G3 / LinuxPPC 2000 Lite