kernel sourced on ppc 2k cd?

Post by oliver arnol » Sun, 17 Sep 2000 04:00:00

does any body know
where i can find them ??

is there any graphical tool to install .rpms instead
of the command rpm ???

thanks oliver

kernel sourced on ppc 2k cd?

Post by Handor » Sun, 17 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I was looking for the kernerl source on the 2000 CD also and
couldn't find it.  I couldn't get USB to work after downloading
the stable kernel source and compiling.

> does any body know
> where i can find them ??

> is there any graphical tool to install .rpms instead
> of the command rpm ???

> thanks oliver

kernel sourced on ppc 2k cd?

Post by oliver arnol » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

you have any advice for a good compiled kernel for an imac ???

oliver

> I was looking for the kernerl source on the 2000 CD also and
> couldn't find it.  I couldn't get USB to work after downloading
> the stable kernel source and compiling.

> > does any body know
> > where i can find them ??

> > is there any graphical tool to install .rpms instead
> > of the command rpm ???

> > thanks oliver

kernel sourced on ppc 2k cd?

Post by Anders Baden Niels » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> I was looking for the kernerl source on the 2000 CD also and
> couldn't find it.  I couldn't get USB to work after downloading
> the stable kernel source and compiling.

You probably need to install the following RPM
<ftp://devel.linuxppc.org/users/fsirl/R5/RPMS/ppc/dev-2.7.18-3b.ppc.rpm>
--
Regards

Anders Baden Nielsen
www: http://linuxppc.dht.dk - KoRn, Deftones, LinuxPPC...

ICQ#: 32984804 (<=-frEak oN a leaSh>)
-------------------------------------
Bartender, I'd like whatever the man on the floor was drinking

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. man pages not installed by kpackage

3. Does Gimp + perl work on Linux PPC 2K?

4. QUESTION: awk examples

5. Nevermind-Re: PB G3 Failed to Install PPC 2K HELP!

6. Solution for unsupported video card drivers for Permedia 2, Stealth, Fire Pro, and many others.]

7. Office Suite for PPC 2k?

8. Install Help

9. State of PPC in kernel.org Sources?

10. LX PPC 2K install problem

11. PB G3 Failed to Install PPC 2K HELP!

12. linux 2.4 PPC kernel source???

13. Linux PPC 2K iMac w/SCSI